THE BOSS

now i consider myself very lucky to work for a small family firm. yes work can be hard with only 5 of us, if something goes wrong with one of the trucks there isn’t another 1000 waiting to take up the slack, but one thing my boss has always said is that “he would never ask any of us to do anything he wouldn’t do himself” and he has always kept his word.

as in today, got asked if i would mind working tomorrow morning, not a problem to me, mrs is working this weekend so nothing desperate to get back for tonight, so we both end up parked up tonight together in wiltshire where we run out of all week.

now the job we are doing is green garden waste and i can tell you it stinks to high heavens, and as it is starting to rot it leaks a lovely brown slime out of our walking floors over everything, trailer chassis and the units get plastered.

so we get back to the yard and he looks up and says “your trailers looking bad”!! yeah i know just ain’t had time this week to get it anywhere near a wash. right he said lets get it down on the wash here(which we can use after everyone else has gone home)and sort it out, great i thought not got any wet gear with me, washed it at the weekend and forgot to bring it with me this week.

so we get on the wash and drag out the pressure washer, he looks up and say “you spray on the soap and i will wash it, as you will get ■■■■ up high with all this crap”. now how many bosses would say that■■?

and here are the pictures to prove it washing my trailer!!! he was right under neath at one point washing all the chassis and axles, i take my hat off to him he’s the best guy i have ever worked for :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

oh and i wouldn’t let him do it all had to nearly fight the washer away from him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wildfire,
Sounds like good boss you’ve got there, stick with him they are few far between, I worked for gentleman like that many years ago, we used to take our units home with us after getting back of a trip, he would come round on Saturday leave his car and take the unit back his yard and wash it for you as he said “you’ve done your work for the week now it’s my turn to do some” after your motor was washed he‘d bring it back with your wages, expenses, and paper work for the next run, he only had 6 motor, he’d even ring the drivers wife’s half way through the week to check that there where no problems at home, a real gentleman to work with.

Ossie

OssieD:
Wildfire,
Sounds like good boss you’ve got there, stick with him they are few far between, I worked for gentleman like that many years ago, we used to take our units home with us after getting back of a trip, he would come round on Saturday leave his car and take the unit back his yard and wash it for you as he said “you’ve done your work for the week now it’s my turn to do some” after your motor was washed he‘d bring it back with your wages, expenses, and paper work for the next run, he only had 6 motor, he’d even ring the drivers wife’s half way through the week to check that there where no problems at home, a real gentleman to work with.

Ossie

:open_mouth:

OssieD:
Wildfire,

Ossie

Hahahahh thats what your boss was telling you! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

“…in fact he was such a considerate guy, one night when I got back late he was upstairs with the Mrs. keeping my side of the bed warm for my return! Although he never really explained why he was completely naked. Guess he didn’t want to mess the bed up with his grubby clothes. Still doesn’t explain why he was using contraception though… You can never be too careful I suppose.” :wink: :wink:

Roger Breaker:
“…in fact he was such a considerate guy, one night when I got back late he was upstairs with the Mrs. keeping my side of the bed warm for my return! Although he never really explained why he was completely naked. Guess he didn’t want to mess the bed up with his grubby clothes. Still doesn’t explain why he was using contraception though… You can never be too careful I suppose.” :wink: :wink:

he must of been in the boy scouts “always be prepared” pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

msgyorkie:

OssieD:
Wildfire,

Ossie

Hahahahh thats what your boss was telling you! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Left myself wide open for that!!!

Ossie