Time for a medical

Well coming up to 45 in December

I know I need a medical thats no problem. Do the DVLA notify me my licence is due renewal or not
Or do i get relevant paperwork from Post Office/ DVLATax Office as I did when I appiled for my provisional
all those years ago
Can any one help please

Yes, you will receive the letter with the forms from DVLA six weeks before your licence is due for renewal.

Harry Monk:
Yes, you will receive the letter with the forms from DVLA six weeks before your licence is due for renewal.

Many Thanks

The Boys Own:
Well coming up to 45 in December

I know I need a medical thats no problem. Do the DVLA notify me my licence is due renewal or not
Or do i get relevant paperwork from Post Office/ DVLATax Office as I did when I appiled for my provisional
all those years ago
Can any one help please

I didn’t wait for the reminder I booked it up anyway mainly because just before my 45 th I was off on a fortnights holiday so wanted it done and dusted.

You need that Medical Form from DVLA the Doc and you have to Fill in :exclamation:

Not all LGV drivers have a medical at age 45 so check the expiry date on the licence

The D4 medical form can be downloaded from the internet

ROG:
Not all LGV drivers have a medical at age 45 so check the expiry date on the licence

I believe that here you would be referring to those who obtain their first licence between the ages of 40-44, and do not need a medical for five years after obtaining this licence?

As the OP stated

as I did when I appiled for my provisional all those years ago

this is unlikely to be the case here.

Lovlyperson:
You need that Medical Form from DVLA the Doc and you have to Fill in :exclamation:

The medical form “D4” can be downloaded here

The doctors signature is valid on the form for 4 months from when he/she signs it.

And unless its changed you dont need to pay 100 pound plus for the medical look on here for the contacts

i had mine last year all paperwork is sent to you and what you have to do by dvla.funny thing happened though the doctor charged me 50 quid then lost the cheque and i never sent him another 1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: