medical forms

Waiting for the Dvla to send me my renewel form for my Hgv medical, supposed to have been sent out 3 weeks ago, rang and asked and requested new forms, still not arrived.
Can you just print them off the internet, and will they accept them.
Many thanks

Yes. Download it from here and print it in colour.

gov.uk/government/publicati … essment–2

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 160414.pdf

Print that off and use it

How soon is medical due :question:
Has medical lapsed :question:
Have you had a licence issued after Oct 2012 :question:

I am thinking that by changing the photo you might get 5 years before next medical is needed

Medical due/licence expires 20th July, had my licence before 2012

Casper1877:

CHANGE THE PHOTO NOW even if its not yet due and you WILL get a new licence issued with LGV expiry in June 2020

By changing the photo on your current licence, you don’t have to have a medical, how does that work?

Casper1877:
By changing the photo on your current licence, you don’t have to have a medical, how does that work?

Its a one off thing due to an EU ruling on new style licences

find the nearest post office to you which has the DVLA approved photo renewal system set up - I did it for £24.50

Using that means they take and send the photo etc directly to DVLA

I renewed my licence about 3 months before my medical and did it on line. When i thought my medical was up i got in to a bit of a panic as they hadn’t sent the forms for my through. On phoning the DVLA they told me that as I had applied on line it was all covered until 2020 as Rog said. When I applied they asked me to sign up to the Government Portal ( I think that’s what they called it) and you register all your info on there ie Passport ,Nat ins number etc. Any way after a few choice words with her in doors about different info I finished the form thinking i would then go on to apply for my licence only to find it was all done and my licence was on it’s way.As Rog said they used the photo off my passport which was different to my driving licence. I didn’t take much delight in telling my mate who is the same age and was flapping about having his eyes tested and medical to get it posted in time lol. I think it only cost £14 but don’t quote me. Ade

mine is due in november,can you go earlier,thanks keith

My medical is due at the end of next month, just tried to update on line, I’ve had a new passport in the last month. If you continue all the way to the end there’s a dialogue box that says you lose your hgv/pcv entitlement.
Off to Post Office this morning.

ROG:

Casper1877:

CHANGE THE PHOTO NOW even if its not yet due and you WILL get a new licence issued with LGV expiry in June 2020

Oi ROG, Can i pick your brains :slight_smile: Passed C+E in early 90’s and have a photocard licence

Due to being old my first medical was due 2 years ago but i never bothered to renew with the relevant forms, (D47P)
I assume i need a medical and was thinging of booking one with these next week manchesterlgvclinic.co.uk/ for the D4 to be filled in, anyone got any experience of them or somewhere reasonable in the South Mcr area ?

Assuming i’m as fit as a flea :grimacing: , i’ll need to splash out for a digicard now with all this new fangled technology.

speedyguy:
Oi ROG, Can i pick your brains :slight_smile: Passed C+E in early 90’s and have a photocard licence

Due to being old my first medical was due 2 years ago but i never bothered to renew with the relevant forms, (D47P)
I assume i need a medical and was thinging of booking one with these next week manchesterlgvclinic.co.uk/ for the D4 to be filled in, anyone got any experience of them or somewhere reasonable in the South Mcr area ?

Assuming i’m as fit as a flea :grimacing: , i’ll need to splash out for a digicard now with all this new fangled technology.

D4 medical to get LGV current again
Digicard needed in most cases
DQC needed

ROG:

speedyguy:

D4 medical to get LGV current again
Digicard needed in most cases
DQC needed

Thanks Rog, As i suspected.
Depending on what/how i consider doing it, i will do without the DQC for now :slight_smile: Don’t want to be overqualified :slight_smile:

I’m sick of sick of sitting in an office listening to drivers moaning about conditions :grimacing: but they do have a point :grimacing:

Even though I know there’s this workaround I’m still going to go for my medical next year simply because like most of us its been quite some time since I’ve been to the doctors and a quick MOT might not be a bad idea. Things like your eyesight can degrade at such a slow rate you don’t actually know there’s anything wrong until someone does an eye test.

keith 2:
mine is due in november,can you go earlier,thanks keith

Yes - you will receive a shiny new licence which expires in 5 years from now (i e. June 2020). If you had applied 3 months ago, it would have been March 2020 - and the same for any other date you choose to renew the photo. But you must do it before the DVLA renewal/reminder process has started (normally six weeks before your existing entitlement expires).

The reason behind all this I’d that, as Rog mentions, the EU rules on medicals for vocational licence holders have changed. At the moment, your licence is subject to the “old” regime, but your new licence (issued on renewal of the photo) will be issued under the “new” regime. It would be hugely complicated to attempt to issue licences subject in part to the old rules and in part to the new, so DVLA have taken the pragmatic step of deciding that ALL renewals will simply be done according to the new rules.

Conor:
Even though I know there’s this workaround I’m still going to go for my medical next year simply because like most of us its been quite some time since I’ve been to the doctors and a quick MOT might not be a bad idea. Things like your eyesight can degrade at such a slow rate you don’t actually know there’s anything wrong until someone does an eye test.

I would strongly recommend taking advantage of the “work around” (to keep your vocational entitlement) AND getting a proper, full medical and a full eye test in the meantime. The quick, ticky-box approach required to satisfy the DVLA is no substitute for proper, in-depth examination/testing.

I followed ROG’s advice, I applied at my nearest post office for a new photo card and had my photo taken and paid my £20.
However I just received a letter from DVLA saying I need a medical and enclose the forms to take to my doctor and that my licence won’t be issued until I do.

Rog, a quick question if you don’t mind.

My licence is due for renewal in October.

My medical always gets referred to the relevant section at Swansea due to a childhood eye injury, so it’s so called grandfather rights that keeps me entitled, hopefully…so as you can imagine its always a worrying time in case they shifted the goal posts re those rights and i apply at the wrong moment and get shafted.

Bearing in mind Mick’s post today where despite doing the photo loophole he’s still required to have a medical, is it worth me trying this or shall i just wait till the forms come through.

Thanks.

mick.mh2racing:
I followed ROG’s advice, I applied at my nearest post office for a new photo card and had my photo taken and paid my £20.
However I just received a letter from DVLA saying I need a medical and enclose the forms to take to my doctor and that my licence won’t be issued until I do.

I had the same, so perhaps they are tightening up on this.