Your medical required at 45

Don’t know if in the right place, so if wrong could some one move it

As you know at 45 you have to have a medical for you LGV licence, and that DVLA will send (or should I say mite ) you a new medical form at approximately 56 days before your 45th birthday.

Well mine was up on 26/07/2010 and sent it to them on the 7/07/10, rang to see how it was doing, and there told me, that there up to May at the mo, and will not deal with mine till the there get to 7/07/10 as of now still have not got my licence back but there have sent me a letter giving me permission to still drive

So my advise it to get your medical form in, well in time, just in case you need it for EU driving as I don’t thing a bit of paper will do for European driving

But I sure some one mite no that for sure

So just informing the members that are getting to there 45th birthday

UPDATE

still waiting there up to 7 of June

delboytwo:
UPDATE

still waiting there up to 7 of June

I put a post on about the photocard renewals, and imagine it is why they are getting behind with other licences, every man and his dogs photo licence expired towards the end of last year. DVLA have heard from other places; “oh don’t worry about them, they are only lorry drivers.”

I have had a letter from a Kristian Kerchinsky, proper Welsh family name :laughing:

My renewal took 8 days - i was amazed at how quick it was - the renewal form arrived 2 weeks before - so i booked the medical and sent it all back the same day
must have too many with a birthday round yours for there to be a back log
cheers
Steve

When I took my medical a few of months ago from the day of the medical to getting teh licence back was less than a week.

As I’ve said on other threads I renewed the license Photo last year and the license this year and on both occasions received the license back in a week :smiley:

i asked them why it was taking so long and there said there a back log of over two months as of July why I have no idea

update

still not done there at end of July at Mo so still waiting