HGV medical at 45 with Covid

so I’m now 46 , birthday in November and still haven’t had my letter from the dvla about my medical, my license runs out at 2024 and I did read that with covid there is extensions, is the dvla still processing medicals etc, and we do checks at work every 6 months and nothing comes up saying I need one, thanks

Ianr5737:
so I’m now 46 , birthday in November and still haven’t had my letter from the dvla about my medical, my license runs out at 2024 and I did read that with covid there is extensions, is the dvla still processing medicals etc, and we do checks at work every 6 months and nothing comes up saying I need one, thanks

If LGV C on your licence is dated 2024 then that is when your next D4 medical is due

just thought everybody needs a medical at 45 , then every 5 years ,

Its after your 45th birthday you’ll go onto 5 yearly, but the actual date is what’s on your licence. All depends when you passed your class C.

The extension, they still send the forms, just you didn’t need the medical in most cases and got a 1 year extension.

There was also a truck of having your photo changed could extend it a bit at one time so that might have helped. Best not argue eith DVLA, they are easily confused. :slight_smile:

thanks, yeah passed in 2005 and it runs out in 2024, just thought needed one at 45 but because of covid etc thought they were late , oh well , :smiley: