Medical at 45

Hello folks can anyone advise please? I hit 45 in October and the medical approaches. Do i get a reminder about the medical from the DVLA or do i have to get the medical before i send for renewal? If so how early can i go? Anyone know a cheap place to get them? ive heard it can be a bit on the rich side! Ta muchly.

driversmedicals.com/

you should get a medical form in your reminder. my doc wanted £145 the link was £49. hope this helps

motorhead:
Hello folks can anyone advise please? I hit 45 in October and the medical approaches. Do i get a reminder about the medical from the DVLA or do i have to get the medical before i send for renewal? If so how early can i go? Anyone know a cheap place to get them? ive heard it can be a bit on the rich side! Ta muchly.

just had mine a couple of months ago and yes you will get a med form and a reminder , its all pretty quick and no big deal .
£49.00 is dam cheap if you can get it , i went to the company that put me through my c.p.c years ago and they arranged the medical with thier own doctor for 60 quid and it covered my p.s.v aswell . good luck…

A long time since I was 45 but doesn’t the medical start when you first renew after reaching 45 not when you reach 45?
you could have a couple of years left on the licence at 45.

del949:
A long time since I was 45 but doesn’t the medical start when you first renew after reaching 45 not when you reach 45?
you could have a couple of years left on the licence at 45.

the need for the medical kicks in on your 45th birthday.

Hiya …if you go down a couple of pages i started a site about medicals. i paid £110, 5 years ago another chap was asked £145.
so if you can find the other site you,ll learn where you can get a cheaper medical. people gave good imput wich helped me
John

Check the counterpart bit of the DL, that has expiry dates for each category and I’m sure that the LGV bits expire on your 45th birthday, so you have to get the medical and renew before that or you dont have a licence.

motorhead:

PM me your postcode and I will sort you one out for a bit less brass! just booked two lads in for their racing licences.

The £49 medicals are fine, just don’t be alarmed at some of the locations. In St Albans/Harpenden they use the Hot Office Business Centre and I took mine at Big Yellow Storage in Colchester. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Takes a matter of minutes. My 18 year old son had his done through the link in the post above and it was some place in Coventry, again no problems. He had his assessment today for the C and they reckoned 3 days training with test on day 4.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23685

also this link might help

you need a medical either at 45 or 5 yrs after passin test so if you past your tst at 42 you dont need a medical at 45 it would be 47

motorhead:

It just so happens that I had my first five year medical last Ocober/Novemberish. I too reckoned that £100+ for a medical ammounted to too much to pay, so I used a firm caled doctors on wheels, (I believe that they carry medicals out nation-wide at various locations), the cost was £47 and a couple of hours drive. He was a Polish doctor and very quick.
If you phone 0116 262 6037 you will be in contact with a firm called J Coates HGV Services Ltd, who seem to be the umbrella company for doctors on wheels. Hope the above helps.

animal:
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY are soon parted - Drivers Medicals - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

you need a medical either at 45 or 5 yrs after passin test so if you past your tst at 42 you dont need a medical at 45 it would be 47

thats news to me , i’ve only ever had two medicals regarding my H.G.V / P.S.V , one was when i took both test when i was 21 and the one for my 45th birthday . as far as i’m aware everybodys licence runs out on thier 45th birthday regardless of when they took it ( unless its taken for medical reasons ). you should even get an automatic notification to tell you that you need one , from memory its one month before your birthday …

i’d be worried if anyone is still driving at the age of 47 having not had a medical at 45 .

bowser:

animal:
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY are soon parted - Drivers Medicals - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

thats news to me , i’ve only ever had two medicals regarding my H.G.V / P.S.V , one was when i took both test when i was 21 and the one for my 45th birthday . as far as i’m aware everybodys licence runs out on thier 45th birthday regardless of when they took it ( unless its taken for medical reasons ). you should even get an automatic notification to tell you that you need one , from memory its one month before your birthday …

i’d be worried if anyone is still driving at the age of 47 having not had a medical at 45 .

It’s correct, all medicals are valid for 5 years so if you did one aged 42 the next one would be 47.

bowser:

animal:

I didn’t and my next one is due when I am 52. If I took one now I would probably fail it.

bowser:

animal:

so why would i pay for a medical then 2 yr later pay for another 1 :question:

as Wheel nut say it last for 5 yrs after the age of 40