Thumbs up for Whitwood

Went to Whitwood truckstop there spanish omlette is realy good thanx !! that is a thumbs up from me :laughing:

someone is easily pleased :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thumbs up, is that all.
I got caught out on a one day agency job some years back, and had to stop there overnight, no night out gear, nothing.
I went to the office to ask if there was anywhere around I could go and buy a sleeping bag and was immediately given the loan of a double duvet, just please return it in the morning.
What a help out that was, I will support Whitwood whenever I can, they have done wonders there, despite having a huge battle with the local numpty council doing their best to screw it up for them.
Whitwood deserve our full support.

I’ve always liked Whitwood, It’s always seemed to be a friendly place. The boss man always seems to be about talking to the customers, even had a chat with me in about the singers in the bar the other night. The only problem is getting in early enough to park-up, think they tried to expand it, but had problems with the council, If you can’t expand a truckstop on a large industrial estate next to a motorway then where the hell is the right place. :confused:

As far as most councils are concerned there is no right place for a truckstop.

They want us to drive in, deliver the goods and disappear. (I nearly put collect the goods as well, but they ain’t interested in that bit either). :unamused: :confused:

Whitwood is one of the truckstops I am happy to pay for!!
The Boss man (Stuart) hasbeen there donkeys years and has certainly built it up into a first rate stop though the staff are still the same and the food leaves a little bit to be desired

whitwood is o.k for me ,if i eat before i get there sorry to say i dont find the food all that nice , and a freindly responce from behind the counter would,nt go a miss either apart from that i,m happy

i gotta confess I havent been there, even though i do run to the asda CDC down the road several times a week, and I dont generally need to stop at most truckstops anyhow as i run back to the yard at night, so i tend to sleep in my own bed at night

Best showers in England are at Whitwood…don’t know about the blokes’ but the women get a power shower! :grimacing:

I say England because Symonds Yat is pretty good on that front too, and it’s in Wales, just. :wink:

where is itâ– â– ?

Not one of my favourites at all, unless there are 2 whitwood truck stops :confused:

I have been in and the food was awful, reheated stodge and the staff looked like they service trailers at quiet times :frowning:

The Stockyard is far superior :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:
I say England because Symonds Yat is pretty good on that front too, and it’s in Wales, just. :wink:

Lucy,
That brings back some memories. Symonds Yat was one of the first ‘Transportels’ that were supposed to take over from the old transport digs, many of which left very much to be desired. Individual rooms like Silvertown although I think both places later bunged two beds in each. This was before the explosion in sleeper cabs and you wouldn’t believe the lengths some of us would go to to end the day nearby and enjoy the ‘new’ facilities.
SY was then on the southbound carriageway although I think later it was transferred opposite.
Salut, David.

Wheel Nut:
the food was awful, reheated stodge

Be fair, Malc, it is in England :laughing:

Salut, David.

Wheel Nut:

pity the impression I get about the stockyard, is the they are starting to care more about the locals who go drinking in there, than they do about truck drivers, is the feedback I got from various drivers who come into our yard who overnite there :unamused: and several of whom are starting to park up on the industrial estate rather than pay to stay there. :unamused:

peirre:

Wheel Nut:

pity the impression I get about the stockyard, is the they are starting to care more about the locals who go drinking in there, than they do about truck drivers, is the feedback I got from various drivers who come into our yard who overnite there :unamused: and several of whom are starting to park up on the industrial estate rather than pay to stay there. :unamused:

I went in there last night and although there was a private party for 25 school teachers going on and some [zb]kicking music, they still made room for the truck drivers.

What does â– â– â– â–  them off is that drivers park up and use the showers and then eat in their cabs and throw rubbish on the floor. That happens everywhere though. Its not the foreign drivers either :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice try, but you know the rules. L. :wink:

Spardo:

Wheel Nut:
the food was awful, reheated stodge

Be fair, Malc, it is in England :laughing:

Salut, David.

Be even fairer, in a works canteen, they only have to keep food hot for mealtimes lasting maybe an hour, in a Truckstop, they have to keep it hot for several hours to allow for the fact that not all the drivers arrive at the same time.
I think that the truckstops do a good job in feeding us, some are better than others.
There is a real culture problem with towns and councils and Truckers, perhaps we should have an experiment as outlined in Commercial Motor the other week, and we ALL take a week off on holiday or sick, do you think that would wake this godforsaken country up as to how important we are?

I was disgusted at Wolves truckstop the other week at the attitude of a driver to the staff, he was abusive and rude, because the veggie selection was limited, I had my sympathy with him, but not the way he handled it, it’s not the staffs fault.

Wheel Nut:
I went in there last night and although there was a private party for 25 school teachers going on and some [zb]kicking music, they still made room for the truck drivers.

they still made room for the truck drivers :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I thought it was a Truck Stop, why did they have to make room for the drivers :question: Surely it should be the other way round, we should be making room for them.

Wheel Nut:
Drivers park up and use the showers and then eat in their cabs and throw rubbish on the floor.

If I see a driver doing that, I pick them up on it, wherever I am. Particularly the rubbish part. I even picked up a bottle of pee once, loosened the cap and tossed it back into the drivers cab (handling it very carefully. , I had been doing a trailer change and had my gloves on when I saw the bottle sail out of the cab).

:smiley: Well spotted Lucy :smiley:

It is a truck stop, but if drivers will not use the facilitys then they have to look at other ways of paying wages and providing a good service :open_mouth:

I have become spoiled, Breakfast is normally served between 5 and 11, ok it may only be coffee and croissants or pain chocolade. then I can have a 5 course meal cooked freshly between 11.30 and 1400 and then have the same again between 1800 and 2300 :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh sorry, that is in France as well. :slight_smile:

The Stockyard is the nearest thing to a continental truckstop you will find in the UK

And well done for launching the bottle of P back into the cab :smiley:

J31 M62 its sign posted :unamused: [/img]