Whitwood Truck stop

Gave this place one more chance for food…
1st time I visited I had a dead fly swirling around in my coffee…
2nd time I visited they forgot my order then burnt it the second time round and finally visited today…lass behind counter forgot my order again… And all the toilets are blocked and full of crap! Won’t be visiting the cafe again that’s for sure. They also have a box for truckstops of the year… Makes me laugh…

If the place has minging toilets and is dirty then maybe a few calls to the local environmental health department is needed, they sound like they are in need of a unannounced visit from the food hygiene inspectors if they closed it down it would be in the the intrest of public saftey by the sounds of it

Pulled on to Whitwood Truck Stop the other night, well about 00.40 actually,only to be met by a little irate irishman telling me I couldnt park there ‘full up’. Now I was desperately short of spreadover time having roughly 5mins left of my 15 hours but there was no sympathy whatsoever coming from his direction only to say they get full about 8pm and I would have to go and find somewhere else to park. It really hurt my lip biting it wanting to give him both barrels and hit the “sod it” button and dump it in the driveway but then I thought well if they are doing so well that they dont need my custom I will keep my money in my pocket and balls to them.I managed to luckily find a space in a lay by the other side of the 62 being about 10mins over my time when I parked up.Surely our little Irish friend could put a sign up somewhere along the approach road or even in the entrance to say the were full and then drivers wouldnt waste valuable minutes looking for a space. Has anyone else had this happen to them or am I unique

nearly came to blows with this bloke a few years ago after he stuck his orrr in where it wasnt wanted,
how he is still employed there is unreal but acctually when you look at the whole place and the other staff he fits in quite well,
i have now stoped using this place as it is not nice or secure and park on other side of motorway on the normanton industrial estate with a pub a fish shop and chinese all within walking distance and also a little working mans club that lets in drivers.,
the owner of the exelby truckstops was on here a while ago asking for comments nice to see they have been taken on board :imp: even the forecourt staff are rude and arrogant or listening to gangster rap music at full blast when you go in and dont get me started on the cafe…but people use it so am i been fussy?either way i wont be trated like this when im spending money,

■■■■■■■■ of a place .
Terrible food , noisy , pig ignorant staff and I came very close too sticking the head on that Irish prick a couple of years ago.
Never been back and probably never will.

Judging by your replies lads im a bit upset that I didnt have a go at him now

personally I love it. the little paddy helps me park up in the jet wash then I ■■■■ off round my mates house for a nice lamb hot pot which is a 5 minute walk away. parking there is no bother :smiley:

joedwyer1:
personally I love it. the little paddy helps me park up in the jet wash then I [zb] off round my mates house for a nice lamb hot pot which is a 5 minute walk away. parking there is no bother :smiley:

Does your mate know ? :sunglasses:

joedwyer1 wrote:
personally I love it. the little paddy helps me park up in the jet wash then I [zb] off round my mates house for a nice lamb hot pot which is a 5 minute walk away. parking there is no bother

when do you park up , tea time ■■? hahaha

Its a shame,i remember using it when it first opened and there was only the truckstop there.It was only small then and the 2 guys who opened it would do anything to help you including running you to the pub and back.The, facilitys were basic but clean and the grub was good and reasonably priced.Ret 10yrs so not beenk in for a long time but it had gone hill then.
regards dave.

PADDY just love’s winding up all you beanos :laughing: :laughing:

As said ooop there /, Other side of the motorway you got a chippy, chinese and a boozer :grimacing:

dafdave:
Its a shame,i remember using it when it first opened and there was only the truckstop there.It was only small then and the 2 guys who opened it would do anything to help you including running you to the pub and back.The, facilitys were basic but clean and the grub was good and reasonably priced.Ret 10yrs so not beenk in for a long time but it had gone hill then.
regards dave.

there is a good pub that does good food 5 mins walk away.

come out truckstop turn left, under the bridge and turn right at pelicans daf dealers and the pub is down there on the left.

jessicas dad:
there is a good pub that does good food 5 mins walk away.

come out truckstop turn left, under the bridge and turn right at pelicans daf dealers and the pub is down there on the left.

Alex is right.

It’s only 15 minutes from my gaff, and I have eaten there a few times with the missus.

I had a few choice words with our Irish brother when I was working at DHL just along the road on the agency. He had coned the outside BP pump off one day, and one of the DHL drivers came in, and after I had moved the cones so he could access the pump, this little ■■■■ tried to have a go at me for moving them. After I had offered him a small chat elsewhere, he wandered off.

Obviously the owner of the site who was indeed on here a few months ago canvassing opinions on his little empire, still hasn’t sorted this knob out.

Ken.

i used the cafe a cpl of months ago crap food seved with a crap attitude and the smell from the bog was unreal. used it a bit a few years ago was ok then. had no prob with the irish bloke tho

dafdave:
regards dave.

That was how I remembered it, they had keyfuels too. I think one of the blokes was an ex driver called Stuart

Wheel Nut:

dafdave:
regards dave.

That was how I remembered it, they had keyfuels too. I think one of the blokes was an ex driver called Stuart

you are spot on there mate.think the other one might have been dave?,one ran a porche coz thats what he ran us to the pub in.Happy days then.
regards dave.

yep a hell hole with arrogant staff. i only refuel there as i pass it every day.

i pulled in on wed morning to fuel up but it was all coned off, wont waste my time going ere again. how the hell a lorry truck stop can run out of fuel is a joke… :imp:

I am at witwwod truck stop tonight. Paid for parking a moderate fee. Very disapointed to find out showers are without hot water. They ran out of fuel Wednesday and hot water tonight possibly been without HW longer.
I don’t suppose they will will truck stop of the year.
PS dont park at the back row the smell from the dyke or sewer at the back of the trucks is like a pile of rotting dead animals. I am now winning smelly truck driver of the night award.