Whitwood Truck stop

Wheel Nut:

dafdave:
Its a shame,i remember using it when it first opened and there was only the truckstop there.It was only small then and the 2 guys who opened it would do anything to help you including running you to the pub and back.The, facilitys were basic but clean and the grub was good and reasonably priced.Ret 10yrs so not beenk in for a long time but it had gone hill then.
regards dave.

That was how I remembered it, they had keyfuels too. I think one of the blokes was an ex driver called Stuart

Malc one was Stuart and the other was John who was the ex driver as we worked at Sykes together I used to call in then to see John when around that way but that is a while back.

sammyopisite:

Wheel Nut:

dafdave:
Its a shame,i remember using it when it first opened and there was only the truckstop there.It was only small then and the 2 guys who opened it would do anything to help you including running you to the pub and back.The, facilitys were basic but clean and the grub was good and reasonably priced.Ret 10yrs so not beenk in for a long time but it had gone hill then.
regards dave.

That was how I remembered it, they had keyfuels too. I think one of the blokes was an ex driver called Stuart

Malc one was Stuart and the other was John who was the ex driver as we worked at Sykes together I used to call in then to see John when around that way but that is a while back.

Correct, it was Stuart and John. Both now retired, but still living nearby. It used to be a quality place to
stop when they had it. In fact, I liked it so much, I married their original barmaid, Pauline.

Have you ever used the truckwash , the staff can not even speak just grunt and make hand gesture , and i am expected to know what they mean. Little mongs… Like some of the drivers state here better of parking on the normanton estate

My opinions on the place (for what there’re worth) !
yard smells of ■■■■.
toilets smelly & dirty.
food awful.
staff rude & unhelpfull.
I only ever stop there to have a 45 min break,never spend any money there.

there is a fit blonde bird who works in the garage, every time i go in for fuel i have to walk past the ■■■■ mags with girls with all their wares on display and then i look at her behind the counter and have a little smirk to myself. :smiling_imp:

If I can make Whitwood. I can make Ponty :laughing: Job sorted

Stopped there a couple of weeks ago - NEVER AGAIN :imp:
Place stank (inside & out), toilets out of order, the shower that was working was filthy, the young girl behind the food counter was ignorant and rude and the food was inedible. When I asked who I should complain to, I was told if I didn’t like it I should pull out…That was impossible because the caveman who parked me up managed to box me in. Truckstop of the Year - more like Pig Sty of the Year :exclamation:

Wheel Nut:
If I can make Whitwood. I can make Ponty :laughing: Job sorted

If I can make both, I can make it home.

Better sorted.

Ken.

chester1:
i used the cafe a cpl of months ago crap food seved with a crap attitude and the smell from the bog was unreal. used it a bit a few years ago was ok then. had no prob with the irish bloke tho

+1