Whitwood

Pulled into Whitwood truckstop last Tuesday at around 4pm filled up with fuel and parked up in the middle to the right of the pumps as there were very few spaces.Just to the right of me towards the cafe there were some cones laid out(like reserved spaces).Jumped out and went to use the toilet then gets back in to take a 45 break when a truck pulls up to my left and out jumps the driver when all of a sudden the guy in a hi vis who seems to be watching where people are parking yells at the driver and tells him not to park there and the driver shouts back to tell him that he is only popping in the shop and will be 5 mins max…i’m puzzled as to why he never said owt to me as i stayed there about 50 mins?

Al

was it the irish security bloke? that truckstop and i use that term loosely is a joke staff are arrogant facilites are dirty and food is a disgrace,
i now park on the normanton industrial estate on the other side of m62 there is a pub fish shop chinese the lot.
i know the owner of this and all the exelby truck stops posted on here a while ago asking are views but in my eyes this place is still the pitts,

Lot of drivers using that ind est now,have a job to get a space if you arrive late.

yorkshire terrier:
was it the irish security bloke?

Yes it was mate.

Sorry but yiu misspellt it
■■■■■■■■ is the correct spelling.

scantheman:

yorkshire terrier:

Yes it was mate.

had a right do with that bloke a few years ago was taking 24hr off there after a weekend run and the ■■■■ decided to stick his nose in where it werent wanted,they is a big click there with some drivers and security,to call it a truck stop is a joke…
until it stops employing the local chavs it aint getting any better witch is a shame because the potential is there for a good truck stop,

rustyoldbolt:
Lot of drivers using that ind est now,have a job to get a space if you arrive late.

i know mate but id rather park there than in whitwood…

Used to be a good place years ago,pity it gets so many bad posts these days,and the staff were a good bunch
Tonyb

yorkshire terrier:

scantheman:

yorkshire terrier:

Yes it was mate.

had a right do with that bloke a few years ago was taking 24hr off there after a weekend run and the [zb] decided to stick his nose in where it werent wanted,they is a big click there with some drivers and security,to call it a truck stop is a joke…
until it stops employing the local chavs it aint getting any better witch is a shame because the potential is there for a good truck stop,

Had a go at me one day over a cone issue.

The outside pump had some cones next to it, and when one of the other drivers I knew came in, I moved them a few feet so he could get near the pump and not have to overstretch the hose.

This pillock came over to me and started to have a go for moving them, and that I was barred from the site, etc. When I reminded him that the company I was working for is a global company with hundreds of trucks in this country, all with the same fuel cards, and that his gaffer would be very pleased that his fuel takings may go down if the company decided to get fuel elsewhere, he scuttled off back across the yard.

If Mr Exelby owner is reading this, sort this ■■■■ out before someone else does.

Ken.

seem to remember the fat bird slap the ■■■ and ride the ripples all abroad

tonyb70:
Used to be a good place years ago,pity it gets so many bad posts these days,and the staff were a good bunch
Tonyb

Yea I remember it being a good place, I remember one time getting there after they were supposed to finish cooking, but with bad weather and traffic crawling on the M62, they kept knocking out hot meals not just for me but for other drivers who got in late and the boss man would come and talk to you ask you if it was all okay. I used to like the place and used it regularly but this was probably 15 years ago, shame it seems to have gone down hill since then. :frowning:

No wonder so many truckers (myself included when I did it) ‘eat in’ every night and avoid these places at all costs

yorkshire terrier:
was it the irish security bloke? that truckstop and i use that term loosely is a joke staff are arrogant facilites are dirty and food is a disgrace,
i now park on the normanton industrial estate on the other side of m62 there is a pub fish shop chinese the lot.
i know the owner of this and all the exelby truck stops posted on here a while ago asking are views but in my eyes this place is still the pitts,

I parked there on Wed and Thurs night, walked into that pub and asked for a pint of Fosters and a bag of nuts, barman says “£2.20 please”, I said “don’t forget I got the nuts too”. He said “yeah, that’s the correct price”. £1.60 a pint, thought I’d died and gone to heaven!

But make sure if any of you use the chinese that you don’t try to be clever and find a short cut back to the ind est. By the time I’d walked to Goole with my stone cold meal I figured it wasn’t my best plan ever. :imp: :imp:

the maoster:

yorkshire terrier:

I parked there on Wed and Thurs night, walked into that pub and asked for a pint of Fosters and a bag of nuts, barman says “£2.20 please”, I said “don’t forget I got the nuts too”. He said “yeah, that’s the correct price”. £1.60 a pint, thought I’d died and gone to heaven!

But make sure if any of you use the chinese that you don’t try to be clever and find a short cut back to the ind est. By the time I’d walked to Goole with my stone cold meal I figured it wasn’t my best plan ever. :imp: :imp:

wich pub the “village”? there is a club next to it and its even cheaper,the short cut is down the side of a a tool/plant hire firm walk down there and you wont get lost behind the houses :smiley: :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:

the maoster:

yorkshire terrier:

wich pub the “village”? there is a club next to it and its even cheaper,the short cut is down the side of a a tool/plant hire firm walk down there and you wont get lost behind the houses :smiley: :smiley:

For Gods sake man, it’s your moral duty to provide this sort of info BEFORE I trek around the
world! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, t’was The Village I was in.

Last time I stopped in Whitwood, I paid my parking, the put extra money towards my grub, then had to pay for shower…

Never again. If I’m in the area now, I stay at Redbeck on Doncaster Road A638.

It’s a little bit off the motorway, but much better, food, brew and pudding included in your parking, and free showers.

Food’s good too.