Whitwood truckstop

has anyone sampled the breakfast from there? if so what is your verdict?

I went in this morning to take a 45 and ordered a breakfast for £5 which inc coffee and two slices of stale bread, well all i can say is I wont be visiting there for food again, They must use the cheapest of cheapest food out there.

No offence to the place i would do a overnight there and the garage has plenty of toys for you to buy for your trucks.

Had lunch at Whitwood about a month ago, the first time i’d been in for a good 5 years and i can say i wont be going there again after the rubbish i was served up!

I go in daily at the moment,but only to fuel up.

I too had a meal in there a few months ago,and all I can say was,it was rank. :angry:

Ken.

hi, i do park there but never eat there.
since i had a bad breakfast.

What is it with the big truckstops? Lymm’s just as bad, got stuck for the night there earlier this year and ended up leaving the tasteless crap I bought in the restaurant and going back to my cab for a tin of Irish stew!

gnasty gnome:
What is it with the big truckstops? Lymm’s just as bad, got stuck for the night there earlier this year and ended up leaving the tasteless crap I bought in the restaurant and going back to my cab for a tin of Irish stew!

Thats coz Lymm is owned by Moto and they couldn’t give a toss as long as the money is coming in. :imp:

I like stopping there overnight on the rare occasion im round that way…dont eat there though as its ■■■■■■■ minging,always has been. :wink:

It seems a shame that it’s gone downhill, :frowning: Used to stop there regluarly about 10-15 years ago. and it always seemed good, I even remember getting there late one night because of heavy snow and they still rustled up a hot meal for me and the other drivers who were running late that night.

now you’ve moaned to us
tell the people who can do something about it :laughing:

why don’t you try the truck park in wakefield (just off westgate) plenty of pubs nearby, last time i looked it was only £5 for 24hrs

When getting rubbish food, DID anyone take it back and complain ?. Ask for your money back at least
Or as usual walk away moaning to the wrong people.!!!
We only have ourselves to blame for putting up with crap service / food

the food never has been up to much but the showers used to be really good… what are they like now :question: :question: :question:

I’ve got the same reply as muckles,i used to park there from 1988 up until about 6 years ago.I was there nearly every wednesday and thursday night.
A few of us used to go up the town with the staff when the’d knocked off,
i had a right good time in the years i was parking there.

The food used to be good and after it got tarmaced and refurbd it was a good place to stay

It’s a pitty it doesn’t get a very good review these days.

Tonyb

Have they fixed the truck wash yet?

i parked at whitwood truck stop a few weeks back food was ok it was hot good plate full showers very good

Ive been in there for lunch/45 several times during the day in the last few months, though the food aint fantastic, its palatable … and Im well aware that a lot of the plated meals (pies & cottage pies for example) are pre-prepared, frozen then re-heated. you takes ya choice and for me its sometimes the only hot meal I may get during the day, even though im an agy day driver and go home every night. i still sometimes go there.

Arite luv d’yu wat beens wi’ t’at? Friied br’ed? Wun ower too bit ‘o bakon? pay ear…no, w’e down’t wipe t’ tawbles…where else ya gonna go?

What happened to the strpper?

Just a thought… have any of you mentioned or e-mailed Whitwood TS to voice your concerns?

If you dont tell them things are going wrong they may just be sailing along in complete ignorance

I Recently got what I consider lousy service from a hotel in South London, a quick google search gave me the chief executives e-mail address, a short sharp e-mail later detailing the issues has led to the Hotel changing its policies on the issue

If you dont tell them what they are doing wrong, they will never know and wont improve

Rikki-UK:
Just a thought… have any of you mentioned or e-mailed Whitwood TS to voice your concerns?

If you dont tell them things are going wrong they may just be sailing along in complete ignorance

I Recently got what I consider lousy service from a hotel in South London, a quick google search gave me the chief executives e-mail address, a short sharp e-mail later detailing the issues has led to the Hotel changing its policies on the issue

If you dont tell them what they are doing wrong, they will never know and wont improve

All well and good were it not for another trucker site having Whitwood down as Truckstop of the Year. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

could not find an email address for them rikki.

but did drop them a letter in post, nothing harsh just my opinion on the grub thats all.

:sunglasses: