This video......

…shows just how quickly it can all go wrong with tragic consequences
youtube.com/watch?v=1RyDoPro … re=related

Nasty eh? Been doing the rounds for a while that one. God knows what happened.

Had it emailed the other day, 1st time i’ve seen it. Just goes to show that our units might cost upwards of 60k but at the end of the day, most of it is held together with a couple of quids worth of nuts n bolts. We could probably have a fair chance with a front blowout but when part of the steering goes at high speed, thats yr lot

KINELL :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Nice of the white artic to stop and see if he could assist the van driver as he passed by, makes you proved of fellow professional drivers!

Imp:
Nice of the white artic to stop and see if he could assist the van driver as he passed by, makes you proved of fellow professional drivers!

i was thinking that too.

Just makes you think in a way what could be just round the corner. But then again, if we all thought about the what if’s would anyone actually go out?

Alot of carnage there, could of been a suicide for all we know?

Just hope and pray I am never in such a situation.

The youtube comments are that it was front suspension failure. Instant fireball when they hit, shows how much energy there is with a 100 mph closing speed and 40-88 tons come to sudden halt.

Makes me, for one, be extra careful.

Makes me shiver seeing that, all those lives taken out in a split second without any chance of surviveing, certainly makes you think.

Wouldve hoped that the central barrier wouldve prevented this from happening, hope these new concrete barriers that the HA are putting up on our motorways now are up to the task should the worse happen.

They would have had more of a chance in this situation with the new style concrete central reservations common around europe and more often now seen here.

Just watched this video again, and something struck me (no pun intended), but did anyone else notice this was not on a UK road?
So the argument about barriers does not hold up.
With a lot of firms in the UK now-a-days we have our wagons inspected every 4/6 weeks, and depending on how good the inspectors are, should in reality spot any potential damage.
So this unfortunate accident could well have been caused by a part malfunction, but poor maintenance could also be a contributing factor.

you’d like to think that a crash barrier would offer some protection but obviousley doesn’t and from what i’ve seen on some programmes, they are not tested for an extreme impact of a truck, just a 'glancing ’ blow. The concrete ones would be better but could u see the authorities spending billions replacing the current ones? Me neither. Maybe they should look at the vid and start from there. I gotta admit that i would rather go through it than have it coming up through the cab at all angles. When i first saw the vid i thought ‘guy in 1st car is gonna clock the tailgater n jump on the brakes causing a minor smash’…did not expect to see what unfolded and i can honestly say that those few seconds from when the truck started to lose it to the fireball that ensued has made me realise that both hands are going back on the wheel…god forbide i’d ever have something so important fail on my truck…or any of yours

TonyCBR:
Just watched this video again, and something struck me (no pun intended), but did anyone else notice this was not on a UK road?

ISTR it was in Italy.

Harry Monk:

TonyCBR:

ISTR it was in Italy.

It was.

Actrosman:
you’d like to think that a crash barrier would offer some protection but obviousley doesn’t

this is what i found on youtube,looks like that barrier held up far better…

youtube.com/watch?v=WA8X9UZZvj4

Imp:

I noticed that too. It wasn’t just the truck driver though, the 4 or 5 cars that drove past the van without stopping to help or even just check the occupants are ok.

I’ve seen this before, several times. Very scary indeed. I often think when driving on single carriagweays in car or truck, what happens if a driver coming the other way drops asleep or has a heart attack.

Poor guy in the red truck had absolutely nowhere to go. Is it any wonder so many companies now won’t allow passengers or your kids to go out with you?

OK so there’s talk of a suspension failure, but another thought: If something flew up off the road & took out the flexi air hose going to the F/N/S brake chamber, would you get a similar result?

A local small fuel haulier company had something fly up & puncture the bottom single skin of a loaded petrol tanker whilst travelling on the motorway a few years ago.

Bugger, it’s took me ages to find this thread again and now the videos been removed! Lol!

Beetie:
Bugger, it’s took me ages to find this thread again and now the videos been removed! Lol!

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube’s policy on shocking and disgusting content.
Sorry about that.

Is this the video that you are talking about :question: Overseas Trunk Road Accident. It was on the links at the side of the M62 lorry rollover video in another thread.If you tube remove it again, it is also hosted on Nothing toxic.com on the accident section.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKR5H9iS … re=related