Holy ****, how does that happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=qrPy7PEq7Ig

That’s some scary stuff. If that guy’s dash cam is to be believed the artic wasn’t going any faster than 30 mph - still too fast or unevenly (over)loaded trailer? Unfortunately the video quality is so terrible I can’t see if he used his breaks into the turn but didn’t seem like it

It looks like he thought he was going one way (right), then changed his mind and snatched the steering to the left…you see the trailer lean one way, then the other, then the bend tightens.
I wonder if the ABS/ESP was connected?

video.search.yahoo.com/search/v … ction=view

Van driver got away without serious injury as well

Amazing to see all the car drivers barging past…don’t bother stopping to help, will you?

GasGas:
Amazing to see all the car drivers barging past…don’t bother stopping to help, will you?

That’s why sadly I treat them all with utter contempt. They try to overtake you on roundabouts, if you let them in on dual carriageways, motorways they’ll accelerate away in the n/s lane and leave you out there like a pr1ck, they come down narrow roads and when about 40 feet away realise you ain’t gonna get through and then they can’t reverse.

Why don’t the trainers tell them TO THINK AHEAD bloody pillocks. Just imagine half of em in a supermarket. Bashing each other in the aisles. Or maybe it’s just Scottish drivers. It is unbelievable.

Sand Fisher:

GasGas:

That’s why sadly I treat them all with utter contempt. They try to overtake you on roundabouts, if you let them in on dual carriageways, motorways they’ll accelerate away in the n/s lane and leave you out there like a pr1ck, they come down narrow roads and when about 40 feet away realise you ain’t gonna get through and then they can’t reverse.

Why don’t the trainers tell them TO THINK AHEAD bloody pillocks. Just imagine half of em in a supermarket. Bashing each other in the aisles. Or maybe it’s just Scottish drivers. It is unbelievable.

I can understand what you are saying sand fisher ,but we all started with a car license first ,so I guess you where 100% perfect ■■? Sadly you do not learn about trucks until you start your HGV training and that is to teach you bout what car drivers do ,ie defensive driving and how to stop them creeping up you n/s o/s when at specific junctions where you need the whole road …Look at the amount of truckers who won’t let the other one overtake ,or the one who tries an overtake which he can’t complete ,There are pillocks everywhere in this world

From my point of view, the video I just watched I am going to field an idea of compounded 2 hat ery.
The van driver is clearly in a race to be first in what ever championship he is participating in, trying some pretty aggressive manoeuvring in order to get in front of truck no matter what the consequences.
Vs.
The umbrella agency teararse who is nearly covering his cost of living by keeping his telematics survey inward facing camera accident focused faults based parameters within 3% of margin. That or he saw red mist and wasn’t gonna let van man ■■■■ him over.

Between the two is the right way.

This very weekend I was towing back some off road racing equipment out of the waps back into town when nearing civilization, Mr.V8 impatient nearly ran up my a$$ and then promptly undertook me on the hard shoulder and then continued to bully his way through the road works and any who dared get in his way.

Me. Old habits die hard and I just manoeuvred my rig out of hero’s way and just got on with my day.

Choose your battles Gentlemen, the war is not over.

norb:

Sand Fisher:

GasGas:

I can understand what you are saying sand fisher ,but we all started with a car license first ,so I guess you where 100% perfect ■■? Sadly you do not learn about trucks until you start your HGV training and that is to teach you bout what car drivers do ,ie defensive driving and how to stop them creeping up you n/s o/s when at specific junctions where you need the whole road …Look at the amount of truckers who won’t let the other one overtake ,or the one who tries an overtake which he can’t complete ,There are pillocks everywhere in this world

Interestingly, I started not with a car licence, but a motorcycle licence.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’d make a crap professional truck driver, but the one area that I can’t be faulted on is the anticipation of the idiotic things that other people do.
Doesn’t stop me doing idiotic things myself, though. :smiley:

It was always only going to end that way for the truck from 0.10.Too much momentum already building up at that point.Followed by a suicidal steering input from right to left at 0.17.Even 10 mph slower at that point probably wouldn’t have made much difference when it was the failure to get rid of the speed at 0.10,combined with the pendulum effect of the change of lock from right to left, without pausing at the straight ahead,at 0.17,wot dun it.While the whole silly stunt looked suspiciously like the nutter might have been trying to play dodgems with the van.

Trying to pull that manoeuvre with a loaded reefer box was always going to end in tears. Always heavy and loaded to the roof. CofG way too high for slalom racing.

Van driver is a knob.
I no longer stop at the scene of an accident to help, to much grief and no thanks.

See this is where a good old curtain comes in handy to just shed the load over the road thus keeping the truck and trailer upright :sunglasses:

rambo19:
Van driver is a knob.
I no longer stop at the scene of an accident to help, to much grief and no thanks.

Evil prevails where good men do nothing…■■?

Carryfast:
It was always only going to end that way for the truck from 0.10.Too much momentum already building up at that point.Followed by a suicidal steering input from right to left at 0.17.Even 10 mph slower at that point probably wouldn’t have made much difference when it was the failure to get rid of the speed at 0.10,combined with the pendulum effect of the change of lock from right to left, without pausing at the straight ahead,at 0.17,wot dun it.While the whole silly stunt looked suspiciously like the nutter might have been trying to play dodgems with the van.

I wouldn’t argue with a word of that (must be a first!)
:smiley:

Beau Nydel:
Trying to pull that manoeuvre with a loaded reefer box was always going to end in tears. Always heavy and loaded to the roof. CofG way too high for slalom racing.

I came to the thread to post exactly this. Having done roughly 50/50 containers vs curtain siders, I can say that driving a 44 ton container rig is often completely different to the low CofG that 1 meter high pallets present, on the deck of a curtain sider.

ETS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrPy7PEq7Ig

That’s some scary stuff. If that guy’s dash cam is to be believed the artic wasn’t going any faster than 30 mph - still too fast or unevenly (over)loaded trailer? Unfortunately the video quality is so terrible I can’t see if he used his breaks into the turn but didn’t seem like it

this you tube video was posted 2017, ■■?. where have you been, ■■?.

Complete idiots both of them. I use this exit J8 M20 nearly every day. Both vehicles were trying to join the A20 Eastbound. Waiting at the westbound exit to go in the same direction, it is a job to find a safe gap because the vehicles are going so fast. 27 mph is way too fast this curve is quite agressive and tightens, it is hardly surprising the lorry fell over, even if it was two years ago.

having been left wondering why did I bother, many times when trying to help some one, I was told by an estate agent, no good deed ever goes un punished, but I still try to do what I think is right at the time,