Trailer near miss

youtube.com/watch?v=dcMSTmoN … ture=share

ouch, someone was watching after him that day anyway.

Urgh i just got a tingling chill down my back watching that.

I thought it was the rigid in front as he beared to the right, only to see the cab nearly being over taken by his trailer wheels.

Driver did exactly the right thing though, keep hard on the power!

Wondering if he never saw the stationary spreader?

Driver got skillz!

Dogmatix:
Driver got skillz!

That will teach the cameraman to overtake a braking van :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Dogmatix:
Driver got skillz!

That will teach the cameraman to overtake a braking van :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if he was overtaking, shortly after the vans brake lights come on you see the car dip as if in a braking motion, so maybe he got a bit of a wheel lock going and steered out of it to avoid a collision?

The camera vehicle and rigid stopped well tho didn’t they?

It looks as if the artic hit the spreader causing the trailer to kick out on to the other side of the carriageway. The driver definitely knows what he’s doing in that situation though and knew to keep his foot in it. 10/10 for effort i’d say.

Looked to me he like he overtook the parked truck with a bit of speed on and never noticed the van coming in the opposite direction, sh(zb)t himself and stood on the brakes. It was pure luck that his trailer never took out the van and car with the camera in it. If you look closely you can see a lump of snow in the back wheel of the trailer that doesn’t move so the trailer wheels were locked up and he couldn’t have been on with the power. Not skill, just a very close shave from a driver that was going too fast.

The Artic was clear of Snow-Plough by overtaking but stept on Break when he sah Car next to Van,but released brake luckily for everyone.
You shalldnt overtake quicker as you can handle.

If you look closely it looks like artic doesn’t realise snow plow is off so slow and swerve.s to miss it and that’s how he loses it. No skill just looks like he ain’t paying attention.

look again at 18 seconds onwards, the trailer hits the snow plough and then swings back across the road.

Hang on, I’ll be back in a minute, just going to change my pants

Brave of the driver to post up a example of his own poor driving but it was too spectacularly close to miss out letting others see the near miss. Here’s yet another from the East, undoubtedly caused by using a mobile on the road:- youtube.com/watch?v=XYK85QeQ … re=related

cieranc:
Driver did exactly the right thing though, keep hard on the power!

Proper tipper driver, foot hard down :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is no damage on Rear of gritter

The only reason the trailer straightened up was because it hit the snow causing it to slow down, otherwise it would have wiped out both vehicles. :open_mouth:

Lovlyperson:
There is no damage on Rear of gritter

You can clearly see it hits the rear of the gritter. As for being damage on the rear of the gritter. How can you say that when we don’t see the rear of the gritter