Good use of advanced driving skills, anticipate, observe, go

I presume the higher driving position of the bulker gave him the sight lines to do this overtake? (Could start worst ever ‘I haz TVR’ and couldn’t see if it was safe to do so post but I won’t).

The video doesn’t quite pick up the beeping of a couple of cars, not the visible “coffee beans” the human eye could see from the Landy at the front.

Top bombing fellow, keep it lit!

Around 1 minute in…Axe Edge

youtube.com/watch?v=vIzFMcC … e=youtu.be

Advanced skills? More like a retarded impatient fool. These are the morons that give us all a bad name. I hope the driver gets what he deserves. NO LICENCE. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

osmium:
I presume the higher driving position of the bulker gave him the sight lines to do this overtake?

youtube.com/watch?v=vIzFMcC … e=youtu.be

The trees on the right obviously block the required view through the right hand bend at 1.11 whether it’s the driving position of a car,van or truck.On that note the road planners are as stupid as the truck driver for ending the solid double lines there. :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Advanced skills? More like a retarded impatient fool. These are the morons that give us all a bad name. I hope the driver gets what he deserves. NO LICENCE. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

Only in the eyes of thickos like you and Mr TutTut with his dashcam.

Brain-dead plodding idiots in cars get overtaken perfectly legally by a truck and you want licences lost. Get a grip.

Good drills driver, keep it lit.

Provided…

He/she have done their homework, I can’t see a problem with it.

The driver will have been up and down this road countless times. I can’t see from the video how far ahead they can see but, if you know the road well and there’s nothing coming for miles then passing like this isn’t a problem. My main point of focus would be car drivers coming out for an overtake whilst I was passing them.

The only real gain is less stress for the driver because they can’t be that far away from where they’ll be loading.

It’s a textbook ‘team tang’ manoeuvre.

It looks far worse that it actually appears. If it was a motorbike (which it usually is up there) or a Nissan GTR/Porsche 911/BMW M5 no one would bat an eyelid.

That’s normal for axe edge , why should we have to sit behind gormless city folk driving like sheep ,(that’s if you know how sheep move , nose to tail very slow ) , some lorrys can get nearly 90 mph on the steep bit towards blackshaw moor :blush: .

I don’t know that road, but look at the markings? Truck waits until end of double whites, so presumably has good vision.
Only problem is if there is any incoming traffic and queue doesn’t allow truck back in. That’s their bad driving, being too close, but a pro driver should take account of that.
Edit. Not the “only” problem, as u.av.laf says danger of others pulling out.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

jakethesnake:

I hope you are being sarcastic, the trucker did nothing wrong, as the title says excellent obs and a good move carried out.

Legal overtake
Good line of sight BUT nowhere to pull back in if a fast vehicle came the other way = no escape route

Advanced driving assessment = very poor planning/decision and very lucky nothing came quickly the other way

ROG:
Legal overtake
Good line of sight BUT nowhere to pull back in if a fast vehicle came the other way = no escape route

Advanced driving assessment = very poor planning/decision and very lucky nothing came quickly the other way

I reckon he could see quite a long way in the distance over the shrubbery and knew nothing was coming .

I use that road regularly and he was taking a big chance with the overtake . the road ahead is a blind brow and a car coming over at the speed limit , 50 and many do a lot more , would leave him hung out to dry .

I wouldn’t have done it

When you read some of the replies it’s not hard to understand why we have so many bad accidents on our roads.Any driver that thinks that was safe should not be on the road as they are a danger to themselves and others.
Maybe some of you should take an advanced driving course and then you might realise how things can go very quickly wrong in situations like the one shown.

If it was a motorbike (which it usually is up there) or a Nissan GTR/Porsche 911/BMW M5 no one would bat an eyelid.

If one of these were coming the other way the truck driver would have done more than bat an eyelid. :unamused:

jakethesnake:
When you read some of the replies it’s not hard to understand why we have so many bad accidents on our roads.Any driver that thinks that was safe should not be on the road as they are a danger to themselves and others.
Maybe some of you should take an advanced driving course and then you might realise how things can go very quickly wrong in situations like the one shown.

+1

It’s anyone’s guess how they can possibly think that there was any line of sight whatsoever through the right hand bend with the obvious height of the trees there.

ROG:
Legal overtake

Only ‘a good line of sight’ if he’s got x ray vision to see through trees.While the solid lines actually go into hazard lines not normal dividing lines anyway for numerous obvious reasons there.There’s no advanced driving assessment about it that’s a simple case of dangerous driving.

While the only ‘poor planning’ here is all on the part of the council for not continuing the double solid lines all through that section of road.Let alone the laughable return marking for anyone overtaking there in the opposite direction. :unamused:

perfect driving from a professional with excellent observational skills unlike the brain dead lemmings sitting behind the horsebox.
no doubt he is more than accustomed with the road and knows you can see for miles.
absolutely should be a classic example of a proper skilled driver showing the plebs how its done.
he dont need to see through the trees when he can see ahead of the trees and knows its clear anyway.
the only risk being that someone in the queue in front of him wakes up and decides to overtake without seeing him .
good man,crack on driver.

No indicator.

Probably drives an Audi

What chance has anyone got when the muppet road planners obviously think that it’s also ok for someone to be on the wrong side of the road overtaking something here let alone to further than even where the van is. :open_mouth:

google.com/maps/@53.2247367, … 312!8i6656

Bearing in mind that when the inevitable collision takes place there,saying that the the council say that it’s supposedly ‘legal’ to overtake,in an equally obvious and clearly marked hazard zone,won’t work. :unamused:

Rule 167 Do not overtake where you might come into conflict with other road users such as approaching a road junction or a lay by.So why have the muppet road planners put a return marking on the approach to and after a bleedin road junction and a lay by entrance thereby contradicting the object of the hazard lines.Let alone ending the solid lines where they are needed most.It really is a case of the blind leading the zb blind. :imp: :imp:

dieseldog999:
perfect driving from a professional with excellent observational skills unlike the brain dead lemmings sitting behind the horsebox.
no doubt he is more than accustomed with the road and knows you can see for miles.
absolutely should be a classic example of a proper skilled driver showing the plebs how its done.
he dont need to see through the trees when he can see ahead of the trees and knows its clear anyway.
the only risk being that someone in the queue in front of him wakes up and decides to overtake without seeing him .
good man,crack on driver.

How can he see ‘ahead’ of the trees when the trees are blocking the view through the bend and he hasn’t got the required superman x ray vision.Let alone the principle of don’t overtake on hazard lines which are effectively the same thing as solid lines regarding the rule don’t overtake at junctions etc.That’s why we use hazard lines to differentiate …hazards where of course we should not overtake.Although the thick zb’s who marked the road obviously don’t know it. :unamused: