This is the first artic i drove

They were fast alright but unstable on the corners…If I remember the driving position was low down ,like a car…? They were pretty easy to drive compared with what else was out there on the range…

I drove the exact same as this too . Loaded apples from a local farm. It had a back to front gearbox… A Real Pig…

Left ■■■■■■ & car transporter in prang on A34 South near Oxford.Winter 2004

THE LAST TRUCK I DROVE… Perhaps…?

an old toic i realise.
i thought i was an early starter harry.
my first was a guy bigj 4.
i am sick that i never took photos of it.

the first artic i drove was a d series ford with a v8 perkins, it sounded fantastic until it came within a mile of a hill then it went downhill from there if you know what i mean :slight_smile: :slight_smile: after the d series we ended up with magirus deutz engined cargos :unamused: :unamused: .and thats another story

drove them as well rich,and the old d800 as wll.my father had a few of them[d800s]
didnt like 23 ton loads.#an new engine every year.
i wonder why.

The first artic I drove was an Atkinson day-cab with a 240 Gardner for Arthur Oakley, Hereford.
It was on an old “M” plate.

Sorry guys, but I’ve no pics of it. :frowning:

The first artic I drove was a Leyland Badger 9902 FZ ex Northern Ireland Trailers for C.H.Preston,Attercliffe,Sheffield in 1968.
Promotion for me that was as I came off an Albion Reiver 6-legger 7637 WJ.
I was like a dog with two tails driving that Leyland. :laughing:

Thought I would restore the pic of our annual fete…

This was the last time I saw these Brazilian gals. The Samba Fest was banned by 'elf 'n safety.

harry:

This was the last time I saw these Brazilian gals. The Samba Fest was banned by 'elf 'n safety.

is this really suffolk?? am i missing out somewhere…

Sorry ;its Essex. ( or was ! )

euromat:

harry:

is this really suffolk?? am i missing out somewhere…

nice shoes !!!. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

harry:
These old girls scrubbed up well.

They can look after my health and safety anytime. :smiley:

Marks out of 10?

I’d have to give them 1.

Ken.

Quinny:
They can look after my health and safety anytime. :smiley:

Marks out of 10?

I’d have to give them 1.

Ken.

oooww i say,you are saucy. :laughing: :laughing:

first truck when i passed my class 1

Wheel Nut:

harry:
These old girls scrubbed up well.

LADY on RIGHT - Must be Essex Girls - I can see she has white stilettos but where is her white handbag ■■? LOL !!!

The first atic for me was a Morris BMC 12ton tractor with Tasker car transporter trailer(trying to put photo on)
5.1 engine 4 speed box & Eaton 2speed axle ( best bit of the truck) First reg 1958. Capacity 6 cars or 7 Minis.
Drove this vehicle on weekends when I was 17, due to the fact the unit was under 2.5 tons.

im probably gonna get flak for this, first artic i drove was this, clean scanny 124 420 highline lol.
posh compared to some of the motors in this thread lol