First day on my own in an Artic

Tomorrow is the day, had a call from a local Agency and tomorrow @9am I’ll be behind a wheel(and the rest of it) of an Artic. Wouldn’t say I’m nervous but anxious and to be honest excited about getting my first job on the Bendy. No idea as to what I’ll be driving, hope its a decent rig(don’t want much, do I). The travels and adventures will be posted on my blog when I get home.

well done mate. have fun. how long you passed class 2 and 1■■ have you had any class 2 work?? I start my bendy stuff 1n 2 weeks.

Got my rigid a year ago and my Artic a month ago so this is my first forray in a Bendy.
Been very busy on rigids with agency’s (One agency kept me busy for 90% of the time.) till the end of last year then managed to get a full time job with one of the Bakeries delivering a well known brand to shops in a 13T.

Hope it all goes well, Paul. Have fun tomorrow! :smiley:

You never forget yer first artic .

All, the post relating to my first day on the job is on my blog if anyone is interested in having a read. Also a photo of what I drove is there as I can’t figure out how to place one here.

Love the trailer picture from your blog!

Frankly, I would have died! (but then wandered calmly round it, trying to look like I drove them all the time!) :unamused:

Well done on your first day out. :smiley:

paulhavers:
Also a photo of what I drove is there as I can’t figure out how to place one here.

HOW TO POST PICTURES & AVATARS

Thanks Rog, I was wondering how to do it. The trailer was something unexpected but once I got going it was OK. The major thing was to watch the bends & roundabouts as I didn’t want to end up lying in a ditch on my side. Now that I’ve driven/towed one of them I have a loads more confidence for my next task. However I musn’t get complaicent.

Here are the photos that I took

Congratulations on that first run and what a beast of a truck and an 08 plate as well!

Loved the blog too!

Having the same trouble finding work and haven’t driven a thing since getting the class 1 last August.

Noticed a recent job advert requesting 1200 hours driving time!

How exactly do we achieve that?

This recession thing has got to get better some time.

Can only live in hope :unamused:

harry:
You never forget yer first artic .

You’re so right. :slight_smile: Although technically this isn’t my first artic, for 2 reasons.
a) this was driven by my brother, I had an identical one. :smiley:
b) that was my first regular artic, before that I’d driven a range of trucks part time for another haulier. :slight_smile:

paulhavers:
hope its a decent rig(don’t want much, do I)

If you get a decent one? (which you did) :slight_smile:
a) What have you got to aim for?
b) How are you going to bore the next generation of Driver with tales of fixing bits that fell off with the tool kit you kept in the passenger footwell. :laughing:

Well I suppose I could bore them with ‘tales’ of how good the MAN was to drive & how all the equipment functioned perfectly mainly the A/C. I suppose I have been spoiled by my first drive but musn’t get too spoiled and keep thinking every asignment will be in just a good lorry. As long as they keep coming and I get more experience I don’t really mind what I drive.