THEORY TEST

:frowning: :frowning: hi everyone,i had my theory test today and sadly FAILED,i cant believe it !! I got 35 out of 35 for multiple choice and 44 out of 75 for the hazard preception test.on one of the 14 clips i got 0 for clicking in an unacceptable manner,i clicked just 5 times,NOW call it sour grapes if you like but i have been driving 22 years and find this test a bit stupid as being an experienced driver(or so i thought)i could notice some hazards before they developed fully so i clicked too early scoring lower points,now i have another wait and really want to get going as you all knowyou have to wait for provisional,then wait for medical,then wait for theory test,then wait for practical,all taking months.Anyway sorry to moan youre views on the hazard perception part of the test welcome,i will get there one day,this website has taught me that,tomorrows another day… :confused:

Yes it is a complete waste of time. It’s unrealistic and you can click too early.

I bought the official DVD before doing it and it does tell you how to do it, for that alone it was worth it, as I passed all the clips except one and I knew I’d clicked too early.

It is the same test no matter what class of vehicle you are in, but clearly designed for first time road users.

There are even many driving instructors that have failed this ridiculous test so you`re not alone…it is designed for first time drivers etc but just get your test in again and go for it again…I too had a clip disallowed for seemingly no reason whatever but passed anyway…good luck… :slight_smile:

Waste of space/time that any experienced driver will consider it to be, it’s a requirement :wink: I like you have been driving for a long time and did mine last year, again 35/35 theory, but 51/75 hazard very close
As 8wheels says get the dvd well worth it, and good luck for next time.

As already advised but will say again. Defiantly get the DSA hazzard test DVD. It’s well worth it. Try to advoid the cheaper ones!! There’s usually a few going on ebay.

I took my theory for trucks before the hazzard section came out but I’m doing the ADI at the moment and was recomemed this DVD.

Good Luck

Ive recently just and i mean just passed my theory test. I passed with 35/35 and then 52/75 . My problem was that i was seeing the hazards to early with the dvd sterling provided it was not much help at all it just kept telling me i failed. So i bought DSA hazzard test DVD that was a life saver and showed me that i was pressing the mouse to early its a must buy cd.

RECENT TV PROGRAMME ASKED 830 DRIVING INSTRUCTORS ABOUT THE DSA HPT AND 90% SAID IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME.
IN MY VIEW IT WOULD BE MORE PRACTICAL TO HAVE THE EXAMINER DRIVE THE VEHICLE YOU ARE TESTING IN FOR 10 MINS IN AN AREA WITH LOTS OF HAZARDS AND HAVE YOU LIST THEM OUT LOUD