Took theory test today

and passed.

Part 1 - 58/60

Part 2 - 64/75

Thought all along that I was a certainty to fail on the 2nd part - my score probably shows what a waste of time this is for experienced drivers like myself.
Anyhow, all done and dusted!

Now for Part 3 - the best part of all - the driving bit!

Well Done good scores

:smiley: :smiley: Well done Buddy!! :smiley: :smiley:
Took mine last wk, the hazard bit is horrible for exp drivers but we muddle through!, good luck with your driving etc…

The HP section of the Theory Test is plain ol’ rubbish - the camers view you get can never show the proper quality you get with the human eyes, you don’t get any sound, you look directly ahead, in the real world you won’t be expecting 1 hazard to happen within the next 60 seconds as you’ll be constantly alert. They say you have to press for the “Developing Hazard”…but some of the hazards you get presented with are so false you’d never even see a Blondie driving a 4x4 doing some of the things they have you trying to spot in those blimmen clips. I will never support or accept the HP section of the Theory Test.

The MCQ bit is easy, you simply buy the DSA Version from The Stationary Office (TSO) with all the official questions and answers…simple!

I’m someone who only learns and remembers things by doing them “Practically”, so for me the Theory Test is useless…forgot pretty much everything from the Theory from answering all them questions.

Still, there you go!

Richard
:slight_smile:

SuperLez:
and passed.

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]
Now for Part 3 - the best part of all - the driving bit!
[/quote]

Remember - have FUN and I hope your instructor teaches you to “drive” and not just pass a test

The Lyonator:
The HP section of the Theory Test is plain ol’ rubbish - the camers view you get can never show the proper quality you get with the human eyes, you don’t get any sound, you look directly ahead, in the real world you won’t be expecting 1 hazard to happen within the next 60 seconds as you’ll be constantly alert. They say you have to press for the “Developing Hazard”…but some of the hazards you get presented with are so false you’d never even see a Blondie driving a 4x4 doing some of the things they have you trying to spot in those blimmen clips. I will never support or accept the HP section of the Theory Test.

The MCQ bit is easy, you simply buy the DSA Version from The Stationary Office (TSO) with all the official questions and answers…simple!

I’m someone who only learns and remembers things by doing them “Practically”, so for me the Theory Test is useless…forgot pretty much everything from the Theory from answering all them questions.

Still, there you go!

Richard

Just imagine if you drove for real in this manner with your instructor beside you!

Would burst my eardrums with the immortal word - MIRRORS!!!

See what I mean - my point has just been made, HP is fabricated nonsense!

Richard

congrats on your pass. :smiley:

Well done!!

I did the theory after 10 years or so as a 'bike courier so as you may imagine I went into the HP part with a lot of confidence. I saw a lot of the hazards TOO SOON (!!) so had to click again to get the computer to register my reaction. On the clip with two hazards I was heading up a narrow high street. To a biker that’s always a nightmare of hazards so I clicked away and it said I clicked too many times and invalidated that bit! I still passed though. So yeah, basically, if you are an experienced road user the HP part of the theory test is as much use as a paper crash helmet.

Well Done :smiley:

fully agree i got 60 out of 60 on the mcq with the aid of reading the book of questions , however i also had a dvd of the hp test , and passed but i do think wothout a doubt this is ok for first time car drivers, but experienced drivers no, as i also was seeing the hazards too quickly and had to press again for the computer to register which can potentially give you a zero as it thinks you are just clicking away!

Well done SuperLez on your pass :smiley: Like ROG says have fun learning and I think you will learn with ease. Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake :slight_smile: Just learn from it and shrug it off :wink:

All the best mate, Nige