Theory test blues!

:cry: Been and done my thorey test today got 34/35 on the questions and failed getting only 44 on the HPT! Gutted I just can’t begin to tell you!

Anyway going again Tuesday 7th does anyone have any tips for me?

P.S. I didn’t miss any hazards at all it just seems I was clicking to late…

:cry: :cry: :cry: !

Dan,

bad luck mate. You may have clicked too late - but you may have clicked too early!

Top tip from my assessment driver. As soon as you see the hazard click, then count 1,2 and click again. That way, if you wer to early (and so would get a 0) you should at least get something for the 2nd click.

Good luck with your second attempt.

Regards

John

go to morrisons supermarket and buy the car drivers haz- perc disc costs about 5-6 pounds and practice everynight till your fed up!! then carry on , :smiling_imp: trust me it works!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can’t give you any advice SuperDan, because I didn’t have to do it. I can only say good luck with the next one and have a think about why it’s been nicknamed the “hazard deception” test by some :wink: .

As roadrunner said, get the Hazard perception CD and get practicing, i think i did about 7 or 8 hours total just on doing the HZP but it paid off. Good luck with it. GEDI :laughing:

SD sorry to hear that m8, better luck for the 7th :wink:

better luck next time mate

wonder who it was that came up with the idea of the hpt? what a complete joke it is,where you can see a potential hazard to “early” and not score,that don’t make any sense to me! i did mine earlier this year and scraped through with 56 points but that could have been anything as i thought i’d seen all the hazards in plenty of time,baring in mind that was after twenty two years of accident free driving :open_mouth:
if it’s any help i used the method previously mentioned,click as soon as you think you’ve spotted something then click again and then one more for luck.

Hi.

Sorry to hear that the Hazard perception
part did not go to well Super Dan.
Like the others have said practice with
focus cd and have a read at these as
they helped me -

ukdic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1248
From Krankee

2pass.co.uk/faqhazard.htm
from Convoy.

Also relax as best as possible and don’t let
the nerves win. and good luck on Tuesday 7th

Also welcome to TruckNet UK johnnyirl25 :slight_smile:

I got myself really uptight about the HPT while using the cd’s I’d bought. The quality of the video was poor. I was going to go back up to the training centre and use theirs which were much better, but one of the girls there told me most of the students had the same trouble and got wound up about it. So she told me to get as relaxed as possible and not to click too soon. I have to agree that to be failed for spotting some thing sooner rather than later doesn’t make sense. Also clicking too much is very tempting.
The very best of luck at your next go.
Can’t find a luck white heather gif, :smiley:
Gordy