Theory test

OK, so I’ve already done my hazard perception test, scored 87 marks out of 100, but I couldn’t get my actual theory booked until a week after, so I have that next week.

My issue is this. I bought the LGV/PCV official DSA theory book, along with a DVD that comprises of both the theory and hazard perception, but both the book and DVD are from 2012, there wasn’t any more up to date than 2012. So I was wondering if anybody who has recently taken the theory test revised with older material and had success? I don’t want to have wasted time and money on a test I could potentially fail, then have to wait a fortnight to resit the test, because I failed the test due to old study material!

Are the questions constantly changing? I’ve studied it well and I pass ALL my mock tests on the DVD I bought and I feel confident I will pass, assuming the questions are the same in 2014 that they were in 2012!

You’ll be fine.

Best of luck with the theory test and your practical.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As above!
Good luck with Theory Test!
Have you already booked your Driving training?
Meanwhile you cuold do DCPC Case study test (Mod2)
if that applies to you.

Zanfta:
As above!
Good luck with Theory Test!
Have you already booked your Driving training?
Meanwhile you cuold do DCPC Case study test (Mod2)
if that applies to you.

Not actually booked it yet, but I do have a place in mind. Still open to suggestions!

You’ll be reet pal, I used driving theory 4 all website, no books just the site. Now I’m Not sure how out/up to date the site is but I passed my theory with 98. Just read the book cover to cover and you’ll smash it.

noney82:
You’ll be reet pal, I used driving theory 4 all website, no books just the site. Now I’m Not sure how out/up to date the site is but I passed my theory with 98. Just read the book cover to cover and you’ll smash it.

I actually joined them ages ago before I took my car theory!

I’m just paranoid I’m going to walk into the test centre equipped with out of date knowledge! Apparently the EU have introduced loads of new rules and regulations!

Endgame:

noney82:

I’m just paranoid I’m going to walk into the test centre equipped with out of date knowledge! Apparently the EU have introduced loads of new rules and regulations!

If your worried I’d be googling the latest EU rules and regs and study them just so you can put your mind at rest. Iv just signed up to the D4all site to study for my Cpc.

noney82:

Endgame:

noney82:

If your worried I’d be googling the latest EU rules and regs and study them just so you can put your mind at rest. Iv just signed up to the D4all site to study for my Cpc.

noney82:

Endgame:

noney82:

I have a book for the CPC, I figured once I pass my actual practical test, then I can take the CPC theory and practical. I will keep up with the EU regulations, was looking at them ust before I checked in back here!

You’ll be fine, have faith in yourself. Most of the theory is common sense with a few heights/weight questions thrown in there. Iv got the cpc book and personally I think it’s a load of rubbish. Iv not done my Cpc yet so I signed up to d4all.

As said before. You’ll be fine!
Done my Theory of the same 2012 cd/dvd what you have.
For DCPC Mod 2 I sign up on D4ALL and pass it aswell.
Good luck with it!

Managed to pass it, with 92 correct out of 100. I assume the 8 I got wrong were the questions I’d not even covered in my theory training. Anyway, result! Onto the practical. Thanks for the replies, guys!

Well done pal, now the fun part starts… Getting behind the wheel of a truck. When I did my theory I wanted to know what the 2 questions where I got wrong, they wouldn’t tell me sods.