The day from hell

Passed my class 2 in december with eastern and had last week on c+e training, just when i thought it could not get any worse we went for the test today, after getting worked up in the test center we had an examiner come over to us and say the examiner we were due to have had phoned in sick so our test was cancelled, will now have to wait for a cancelation( and go stale without any more training) :cry: :cry:

gutted mate!!! :cry:

surely they should’ve had more than one examiner ther!!! :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Did you get a refund or will you have to pay again??!!! If you do have to pay then make a formal complaint to them stating that it was their fault for you not takin your test and therefore they should foot the bill for a new test date. :imp:

BriSCAF1:
Did you get a refund or will you have to pay again??!!! If you do have to pay then make a formal complaint to them stating that it was their fault for you not takin your test and therefore they should foot the bill for a new test date. :imp:

According to the DSA site they will arrange another test with no further fee as they were at fault, they don’t pay any form of compensation though.

Sorry to hear about this though, any idea how long the wait will be?

Not alot you can say to that except [ZB], Can’t be worse than getting mentally ready for your test and getting it cancelled. Might be worth having a trip out just before the test if you can afford it.

bad luck mike :cry:
i hope you dont have to wait too long for a test date
you must be gutted :imp: :imp:

P.S.welcome to trucknet and best of luck with your
test :wink:

You should be Ok with Eastern - they seem to get a lot of test slots, so you may get a retest quickly. Best of luck with the test !!

G

I know how Mike feels as I was the other trainee who was due to take my test after Mike. We both got geared up for the test and had carried out excercises etc just before. In fact I had a really good drive just before we arrived at the test centre and had built my confidence up a bit. Then I just visited the loo and when I returned our tests had been cancelled. I hope that we get tests very quickly as I don’t want to be driving another truck in between and can not afford to turn down work from the agency for very long. All week I have been getting used to a trailer and do not want to jump straight from a rigid six speed into an artic with range change an hour before test. I hope you did’nt get too [zb] yesterday Mike, I was just shellshocked afterwards when I got home. Find out more on Monday.
Cheers
Ant

if it needs stars to get past the auto censor then you know it’s not allowed …Denis F

Welcome to TruckNet UK mike_staffs and
sorry to hear about your test being cancelled.
All the best with the test :smiley:

Not an ideal situation, but to look on the bright side the gap to absorb the things you have learned maybe a bonus but admittedly controling the nerves in the meantime could be an issue and Ant I understand you not wanting to drive a rigid is probably a wise move. I hope you get a date for your test before the work thing becomes an issue. :confused: Let us know how you get on. :wink:

mrpj:

BriSCAF1:

According to the DSA site they will arrange another test with no further fee as they were at fault, they don’t pay any form of compensation though.

Sorry to hear about this though, any idea how long the wait will be?

my class 1 was cancelled and i got £275 in loss of earnings cost incurred etc at first they offered me £17.50 but i held my ground ,threatend court and up they coughed up :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: