So examiners were on strike today

Hey all,

Turned up at the test center this morning (bredbury) to be greeted by the examiners stood at the gates holding signs, on strike apparently, for 3 hours only??, how unlucky am I :open_mouth:

I’m sure they have their reasons just wish it wasn’t on the day I had booked off work to do my test on, full days wage down the drain.

Apparently I get refunded the 4 hours training school cost and the retest fee, just have to wait for them to contact me with another date and take yet another day off work

They will contact me in due course in regards my refund but until then I have to stump up more cash as I should get a new test date before I get my refund.

Do you ever get the feeling the universe is trying to tell you something?? Maybe I should just stay with class 2

MancunianAndy:
I had booked off work to do my test on, full days wage down the drain.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … g-test.pdf

There you go matey. Hope that helps [emoji4]

my class 1 got cancelled 20th november i have a new test date of 21st december …joy xmas week havent heard anything back about my claim yet

When I had several test cancelled I did not get a refund I did not put a claim in just the test re booked sorted if they asking you for money don’t pay no money need to change hands

Spare a thought for my candidate his test got cancelled for the second time today, I’m gutted for him.

Paul

elmet training:
Spare a thought for my candidate his test got cancelled for the second time today, I’m gutted for him.

Paul

Only the second time mine as I think you know was cancelled I think in the end 4 so yes it not nice for either

animal:
When I had several test cancelled I did not get a refund I did not put a claim in just the test re booked sorted if they asking you for money don’t pay no money need to change hands

so you paid your training company to use their vehicle for the retest and didnt claim that back from the dsa when its their fault you had to fork out extra ?

Carbine:

animal:

so you paid your training company to use their vehicle for the retest and didnt claim that back from the dsa when its their fault you had to fork out extra ?

Nope I paid nothing more simple as that no re test paid for no claim as didn’t need to as I paid nothing more no money paid to training provider or dsa no money paid no refund

My C+E was cancelled yesterday afternoon, rebooked for the 18th, a bit of luck to be honest as I hadn’t quite mastered the reverse, all sorted now though, ready for test day :slight_smile:.

just a quick update…

I finally received my cheque from DVSA for the out of pocket expenses, Got my money on 29/1/2016 and the cancelled test was on 1/12/2015

took a while but at least I got it back :slight_smile:

Ive heard that there is a shortage of examiners, probably wages/conditions but is there any other reason ? does anyone know ?

Wee Man:
Ive heard that there is a shortage of examiners, probably wages/conditions but is there any other reason ? does anyone know ?

Not sure it will be wages as they on approx. 38k a year + some benefits

May be what they have to do to get there

Not sure it will be wages as they on approx. 38k a year + some benefits

It’s actually £25k a year and very few benefits. No wonder they cant recruit!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Being an examiner must be boring as hell. To be fair the 25k for sitting down isn’t too bad but the paperwork would bore me to tears

NickW88:
Being an examiner must be boring as hell. To be fair the 25k for sitting down isn’t too bad but the paperwork would bore me to tears

Not sure if it would be for me either nick.

Many years ago I considered going over to the “dark side” but decided against it as I cant see where the job satisfaction is - especially compared to training.

Peter Smythe:
Many years ago I considered going over to the “dark side” but decided against it as I cant see where the job satisfaction is - especially compared to training.

“dark side” pete ? :laughing:

Bet there wouldn’t be as many cakes either!

“dark side”

examining

the strike was because dvsa were stopping the extra payments examiners get for doing weekend tests, but yet still charging the candidates extra for booking a weekend test.

I agree with what there saying but just wish it didn’t effect my test :frowning:

thankfully passed now anyway