C+E Retest

Hi guys, been lurking for a while and the advice on here certainly helped during my training…however. Totally messed up the reversing on my test, nerves got the better of me. Only 5 minors so I’m confident I’ll get it the next time.
I was told that a retest couldn’t be booked straight away and that 3 working days had to pass before they could even attempt to book one and they had know idea when I’d get one as it depended on how busy it was. 3 working days passed yesterday and this morning the training company phoned me asking “Where are you? You’re supposed to be in for your retest this morning.”
News to me! Nobody attempted to contact me, can’t get in to do it, gutted!
They said on the phone today that this waiting 3 days to book a retest isn’t true and it will have been booked straight after I failed (still doesn’t explain why nobody phoned me to tell me I had a retest).
Anybody know if the 3 day thing is true or not?

Cheers

The 3 day ruling is that you can’t take another test for at least 3 working days from failing, this does not mean a test can’t be booked straight away providing it is for later than the 3 days.

Sound like someone got a crossed line somewhere, hope you get it sorted next time.

John

Thanks for clearing it up.

To put it mildly, it’s all very annoying. It was heavily implied by the person that it would take a while to get a date as it was busy.
I could be driving home with my pass certificate and a smile instead of sitting here raging.

The DSA require that you have to wait 3 working days before sitting a re-test. I also got told today that it may be a while due to the Xmas period but I bloody hope not.

Retest is Thursday. At least they told me this time. Hopefully I wont ■■■■ up the reversing.

You won’t ■■■■ up the reverse! You know what its like under test conditions now…all downhill from here :wink:

stay focused, don’t get cocky and get in there and nail it

Best of luck to you bud

Tazbug

Wish I could get a retest as quick as you lol

Best of luck this time, get it done!

Good luck for the retest, remember if you feel it’s starting to go pear shaped take a shunt…better to get a minor than a fail.

Lofty83:
Good luck for the retest, remember if you feel it’s starting to go pear shaped take a shunt…better to get a minor than a fail.

I think the saying is a rhyming one :wink:

Don’t be a [zb], take a shunt :exclamation:

I’m glad you were all confident because I certainly wasn’t. Nailed it though. Half an hour with a different instructor who actually explained how to reverse certainly helped. Straight in the bay, no shunts. I’m amazed.
Now the hard part of trying to get a job starts.