The Bank Holiday fun begins

seems the chaos of the bank holiday has begun early
traffic was chaotic last night and that was only wednesday.
I was heading north, I noticed a hold up on the A1 south near to the Woolfox Depot, the N/S lane was closed, seems a car/caravan got out of control, rolled, & ended up off the road and through the hedge.
Im dreading to think what traffic is gonna be like over the next few days while Im out on the road over the bank holiday.

Keep it the right way up, and Drive safely everyone

peirre:
seems the chaos of the bank holiday has begun early

just been down to St Austell, lots of traffic heading south for the weekend :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just got back from London came back M11,A14,A1,M18,M1, with a few detours in between, what a nightmare,looks like they was a nasty accident just before Peterbrough service, car on it’s roof, they will be lucky to have survived that.

Anyone see it, could’nt understand what the tyre or wheel was doing in the forth lane.

Noticed a truck on the shoulder wondered if it had come of that.

Also went passed one this morning on M26 looked like a TNT truck, looked in a bad way.
Hope he is okay.

Sally Traffic reporting 50 mile tailback on M1 North from J21 to the roadworks at J31.

Tailbacks of about 4 miles on the Bodmin bypass heading across Goss Moor (only another 3 months before the new road is open fully and 1 month before opens partially)

Good news for me though cos it meant I couldn’t get back to the quarry for another load so an early finish for me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Semtex:
Tailbacks of about 4 miles on the Bodmin bypass heading across Goss Moor (only another 3 months before the new road is open fully and 1 month before opens partially)

saw that one - no problems going North though :wink:

was looking out for R+O trucks today :wink:

Conor:
Sally Traffic reporting 50 mile tailback on M1 North from J21 to the roadworks at J31.

Saw some of that one as I travelled between junction 24, I think it was 24 but it was the A50 junction anyway to the A14 junction. This afternoon I came down from Holyhead to Hatfield via Corby and did it in about 5 minutes longer than it normally takes. Given the amount of problems being reported I struck very lucky.

Denis F:

Semtex:

saw that one - no problems going North though :wink:

was looking out for R+O trucks today :wink:

This is the one you need to look out for Denis.

Its the only 4 wheeler in R+O colours. The other 4 wheelers are “Bardon Aggregates” colours.

Hopefully will be getting a CB in the next 2 or 3 weeks so will be “on the air”

Semtex:
[

This is the one you need to look out for Denis.

you didn’t head over bodmin moor today did you ?

saw something like that go past while I was taking a 45 in a layby - could’nt actually see if it was a four or six wheeler - too many bushes between the layby and the a30 :wink:

I only went as far as Innis Downs most of the day except the last run when I went as far as the Glyn valley turn. That would have been about 3ish

Semtex:
I only went as far as Innis Downs most of the day except the last run when I went as far as the Glyn valley turn. That would have been about 3ish

wasn’t you HERE at 1.15- 1.30 ish then :wink:

sounded like today was a nightmare out there, luckily (i guess!) i didnt leave wembley till half 7 this evening, m1, a1, a505, a14 home was clean and green, took me about 2 and a half roughly, guy who left a few hours before me took almost 4 and a half, but going a slightly different route

the A64 to Scarborough at 5pm was interesting, nearly every car had a ickle whte box following behind. Hope I ain`t going there today

Did anybody see the somerfield artic in the ditch at the taunton end of the 303 on wednesday night ? It must of been there a while as the crane was there and the westbound side was closed. Just after the speed camera if I remember correctly.
Just wondered how he managed it :unamused:

2 hours to do a 45 minute journey from burton to mansfield. it was rather a long que on the m1 and the only problem was slowing for the roadworks at the m18 :open_mouth:

bring on the pay per mile stop the tupperware mansions leaving in rush hour (tin hat on running for cover) :wink:

jon

it was hammered around our way lastnight with the caravan lovers going up the A565 to southport & beyond

smoker:
Did anybody see the somerfield artic in the ditch at the taunton end of the 303 on wednesday night ? It must of been there a while as the crane was there and the westbound side was closed. Just after the speed camera if I remember correctly.
Just wondered how he managed it :unamused:

nope but saw a container lorry on it’s side at the other end of the Ilminster bypass last Sat, which was strange cos it’s usually the Sparkford roundabout that causes problems

:open_mouth: