Frantic Friday? Non event!

So the hype and early predictions of doom and chaos failed to materialise went to Walthamstow and the roads were better than most normal Fridays. Home at a sensible time, next shift in the new year and interview on the 3rd for a job I’ve been after for over a year.

Fingers crossed. :smiley:

Going to be busy with family duties so may not get here to much over the break so happy Christmas all, friend and foe alike.

The furthest I went was local Merc dealer to drop truck in for inspection , but I went back roads as solo and they were ok , even entrance to estate where there’s a Sainsbury’s store

I went from Immingham to Basingstoke with no problems at all. Then from there to Purfleet and again the roads were fine! Even the Dartford crossing was clear!

I reckon most of them were at Morrisons in Diss yesterday. :frowning:

Maybe with Christmas day being on Monday many people have been leaving work for christmas throughout the week and have the weekend to travel to relatives and freinds for Christmas day.

I went to Chesterfield and Coventry. Apart from the lane closures on M1 due to lorry fire and truck having a lie-down on hard shoulder, no issues at all. Back by 1230 so even had time to give my car a wash before popping round to see my Mum for her birthday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My prediction of a non event this year looks right.

I spent the whole week frantically trying to get into a position for an early finish yesterday. Succeeded, was back at the yard by 2 o’clock. Roads clear. Then noticed they stayed fairly clear grrrrrr :imp:

Reckon everyone got scared off

Was only driving a van friday but non of the usual spots had any traffic, except M6 in Cheshire when an Irish 4x4 went to sleep in the roadworks. Even A38 Derby was clear at 5pm and that’s never the case except maybe Xmas day. Made driving a pleasure again.

Went to the mother-in-law’s funeral. When I got there I found out that she had cancelled it.