The Agency

And associated ■■■■■■■■. Now I know I shouldn’t write when angry, but I got up at 5 this morning (actually a luxury compared to my other job), to be told there’s no work, go home, get told to go back, be told again there’s no work, and be called ridiculous for not having a timesheet in the car. :imp:

So I’m done with the agency. :laughing:

Does anyone know of any jobs going for Class 2 drivers in the West Midlands? (Wolverhampton and Walsall areas) I’ve already got a couple of places to try on my door knocking run, but with youth and inexperience on my side, I feel like I’d be better off being a bit more focussed.

Thanks ladies and gents!

Ok you got messed about it happens. But you get paid nine hours to go home an do what you want.

m_attt:
Ok you got messed about it happens. But you get paid nine hours to go home an do what you want.

To be honest I am glad. It’s worked out nice as I have got stuff to get done. But it’s ■■■■■■ me off because I need to money to do it. :L

You will. You should get 8 or 9 hours depending on contract. Mines min 9 hours. So make the most if it.

m_attt:
You will. You should get 8 or 9 hours depending on contract. Mines min 9 hours. So make the most if it.

sod that …
The OP turned up twice so that’s gotta be 16 hrs :open_mouth:
I had that with the milk many yrs ago, turned up told to go home, rang the agency told them job cancelled hopping to pick up another shift as I was up and out making it a good pay day :wink: .
"No nothing will ring you if anything " ok don’t make it too late mind , ( this was about 15:00)
5 mins later whilst still in car park phone rings " they’ve messed up go back … " OK
back in to " No not needed " so I get me diary signed as this lot don’t do time sheets .
ring the office and shoot up the road and park in asda for a bit 15 mins later phone goes " they’ve naffed up go back " er no almost home " aw go on PLEASE " well it’ll cost … Got £25ph that night and only did 6hrs

nick2008:

m_attt:

sod that …
The OP turned up twice so that’s gotta be 16 hrs :open_mouth:
I had that with the milk many yrs ago, turned up told to go home, rang the agency told them job cancelled hopping to pick up another shift as I was up and out making it a good pay day :wink: .
"No nothing will ring you if anything " ok don’t make it too late mind , ( this was about 15:00)
5 mins later whilst still in car park phone rings " they’ve messed up go back … " OK
back in to " No not needed " so I get me diary signed as this lot don’t do time sheets .
ring the office and shoot up the road and park in asda for a bit 15 mins later phone goes " they’ve naffed up go back " er no almost home " aw go on PLEASE " well it’ll cost … Got £25ph that night and only did 6hrs

Hahaha!

I got 4 hours signed. I went in with 8 on the sheet. Oh well. That’s still a whole shift on minimum wage to blat up and down the road for a sum total of 20 minutes :L

Dropped a CV off with the last company the agency had me on (for 120 a day :slight_smile:) and got told I’d be contacted. On a better paid 7.5t job with the same agency tomorrow though.

I turned up at 5am this morning, sent home and told to come back at 8am. Went back at 8am, and found out I should have been in at 5am. Finished at 2115 tonight, will be invoicing from 5am this morning.
Agency had me booked in somewhere last Friday (bank holiday), cancelled at last min, so billed them 10hrs @ £24 p/h

SuffolkLad:
I turned up at 5am this morning, sent home and told to come back at 8am. Went back at 8am, and found out I should have been in at 5am. Finished at 2115 tonight, will be invoicing from 5am this morning.
Agency had me booked in somewhere last Friday (bank holiday), cancelled at last min, so billed them 10hrs @ £24 p/h

16.25 hour day!

carryfast-yeti:

SuffolkLad:

16.25 hour day!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGTwOIvTgK4