kinda annoyed

Hi guys,

i got a job for a driver agency but sadly it isnt driving at all, its factory work and labourer jobs, so im kinda wondering wither to stick with the job or move on. But they phone me every morning to check if im available i always say “yes im available” so they say “right ill phone you back in 10 or 20 min” … i end up phoning them back about a hour later to discover that their is no jobs left for the day.

So later in the afternoon at … round about 3:00pm i get a phone call asking if i can work that night at a cheese factory, i say “yeah i can do that whats the hours? and where?”

They then tell me its about a 45 min drive and a 12 hour night shift 5pm till 5am. i say i cant do it because i have had no sleep and its too short notice for a 12 hour night shift, especially since i was up at 9 in the moring getting ready for a days work that never happened.

then today i get told that my availibilty stinks and i need to either do a job or move on … i have only turned away 1 job, i just feel that im being messed about here … Is this Normal or am i being messed about?

If you want driving work and they are phoning with labouring jobs then tell them to jog on and sign on with a proper driving agency.

DITCH THEM NOW!!

Really you signed up for driving work and they send you to a cheese factory!!!, i know where i would stick that too!!! :unamused: :open_mouth:

right cheesy agency that!! :unamused:

necronick7:
Hi guys,

i got a job for a driver agency but sadly it isnt driving at all, its factory work and labourer jobs, so im kinda wondering wither to stick with the job or move on. But they phone me every morning to check if im available i always say “yes im available” so they say “right ill phone you back in 10 or 20 min” … i end up phoning them back about a hour later to discover that their is no jobs left for the day.

So later in the afternoon at … round about 3:00pm i get a phone call asking if i can work that night at a cheese factory, i say “yeah i can do that whats the hours? and where?”

They then tell me its about a 45 min drive and a 12 hour night shift 5pm till 5am. i say i cant do it because i have had no sleep and its too short notice for a 12 hour night shift, especially since i was up at 9 in the moring getting ready for a days work that never happened.

then today i get told that my availibilty stinks and i need to either do a job or move on … i have only turned away 1 job, i just feel that im being messed about here … Is this Normal or am i being messed about?

That would be enough for me, no phone call after an hour. I would be on the phone to somewhere else. What area are you in?

im in dumfries, South west Scotland

Yep Time to move on mate …1st dont stick with just one agent :smiley: you can sign with as many as you want to :smiley: … it was their fault that you sat waiting for work all day … 45 mile is a long way to travel although I do on a regular basis but im self employed and get my expences in tax releif at 45 p a mile first 2000 mile a yr … then 25 p a mile after that . I am now with 4 good agents who all know where they stand and what I will and wont do …and if im not happy with a job I do it then when i get home i ring them and tell them not to send me there again … ie Sent on a driving job and ended up as a drivers mate …or did a job that i spent 1 hr driving then 11 hrs sorting parcels in to post codes … :angry:
You have got to make it clear from day one at the interview … :wink: what you will and will not do …
what they expect of you and what you expect from them … I have refused work from all of my agents at some time or other but they all still call me and if it looks like its going to be a bad job they all tell me up front giving me the chance … to say yes or no … because they all now that if they send me on crap jobs they will get an earfull once the job is done … :smiley: best of luck mate …

necronick7:
round about 3:00pm i get a phone call asking if i can work that night at a cheese factory,

I would tread Caerphilly and ask them to phone me Y Fenni driving jobs came up. :wink:

Hi necronick7

As already said, ditch them mate. You’ve paid out the money for your licence to drive, not to be a labourer or a factory worker.

I got given a job the other day for a 18tonne removals driver…BIG MISTAKE. Spent 1 hr driving all day, and 7 hours loading the vechile. Got back and called them straight up to say i signed up as a driver, dont mind a bit of graft or handball but not that cr*p.

Ive since been put on a decent reg job with new motors and a chance to go permenant. What im saying is dont be worried about voicing your opinion to them, alot of agencys will try it on, but tell them what is is your after.

And sign up with a few agencys too.

Best of luck.