Kept waiting!

Hi guys just a quick moan about being asked to work today just before I went to sleep last night.

I wouldn’t normally complain, as a new driver I’ll take any work I can get. But I’m in a bad mood after having to be up at 0400 for a 0600 start (on my birthday leaving my gorgeous, warm girlfriend in bed) and being told it will be a few hours before they’ll have a truck for me to check over.

Thanks guys, rant over and I feel better already :slight_smile:

Get used to it !!! I assume you are an agency driver. As agency drivers we are bottom of priorities until they are desperate.

What they seem to forget is that without us that lorry would be left standing in the yard.

Look at it another way. You got to sit on your ■■■■ for that time doing nothing and still get paid for it :wink:

Oh and happy birthday :slight_smile:

ive had the same. 4 hours waiting for a load, to be told there isnt one and i can go home. so i thought id charge them expenses for getting there and back and they paid it.

Look, if it helps, the next time this happens call me right away. I will keep your girlfriend warm for you. I don’t make this offer to everyone so get in quick!

Ha ha I’m a generous guy but theres two thing I don’t share and they are the mrs and food.

Yep James sound about right for an agent matey :smiley: some time ring me at 4am to get to a job for 4.30 am miles away my anwer to them when they do that is Get real :smiley:
Charleybear ==
The agent should have paid you for the full day mate ( you could have missed another job for that ) :open_mouth: or if not get a new agent in fact get a few agents that way it gives you the chance to pick and choose a little :smiley: I traveled 40 mile the other week and was told not required I phoned the agent who had messed had a good moan and they did pay the day … 7hrs … . :smiley:

Yep make sure if you go in and then decide they dont want you get the days wages you have turned down another job to go in for them , thats happened twice to me and both times have been paid a full 8 hr shift ,

Jen x