Direct phone call from a company

Ive Been driving with an agency at weekends for some time now, mainly driving for the same company which is good work and i like the place as well.
The over evening i got a phone call from one of the lads in the office at the company i normal drive for (who also is the companies driving acesser with which i did an acessment the other week with and passed with good results) asking if i could do a job for them that night?
Sadly i was away all weekend and couldnt help, but what i thinking was, (as ive been told) its a good sign if companys starts asking for you by name or directly as that they are keen to take you on full time or was it a run to scotland and all their regular drivers turned it down because of the weather or are they just trying to save money by missing out the agency?

Has anyone has had this happen to them? as ive had a few direct job offers fall through at the last min and dont really want to get my hopes up for nothing as i dont really want to be working with agencys for ever!

Any info would be greatly recieved

There could be a number of reasons why they phoned you direct but I would not have thought they are trying to by pass the agency as they would still have to pay you through them anyway, unless you are working cash in hand :wink:

It is always a good sign when they ask for you by name for whatever reason

I kept getting asked for every week so the agency said to sort my shifts out with them myself just let them now if I’m not needed or can’t work. I just drop my timesheet and tacho’s in every week and never hear from the agency. I have just been offered a job by the company but can’t make my mind up as it’s a bit too easy if you know what I mean but will do till Xmas.