Agencys, i know not again!

i have been working at arla in leeds for an agency since last nov,3 or 4 am starts mon, and saturday garanteed, with a few during the week, now i have not had a saturday off in months , work the odd sunday ,also but with having my kids everyother weekend i dont work lots of sundays, i d rather do during the week and saturdays, work is dead so im told , i used to get texts with my work mon, tue ect and the rest would come in the week, anyhow latley he has taken new drivers on and im getting 3 days and worse, its had ock , think i ■■■■■■ them off cos i was booked in at 7 on a monday ( texted on friday) so i thought well thats a late so i had my lad for the night cos i had worked till 7 on the saturday, so at home sunday at 8pm mobile goes " time change its 330 now" sorry mate i cant i have my lad and i was going drop in home on way in at 6 and ive had 4 cans ok ill have to cancel you :frowning: , now i m lucky if i get 3 days now , i not a blue eyed boy am i :confused:

the amount of times i have heard that! :confused: , takes new drivers on all the time , gives them 5 days a week and unless your a blue eyed i will work weekends and 2 days in week , u get treated like ■■■■!, did an assesment at asda in norm this morning , about 20 drivers from about 4 agencys were there lol, every one had 2 reverse on 2 a bay and reverse it back in a slot, everyone watching u lol, i thought ■■■■ this i did mine 2nd! felt more nervous doin that then my test, all them folk watchin if u balls up,there was one lad well fcked up , didnt hit owt but he got his green card, if you get work i soppose its another matter tho!

Things must be bad if your talking to yourself mate :stuck_out_tongue: Think yourself lucky with the work you are getting, some weeks I get nothing at all and next week 2-3 days, random nights days, no good for sleep patterns. :wink:

thats ■■■■, got a stobart assesment on thursday ,casual but could be 4 days on 3 days off ect, not into nights out but least ill know im working , prob not as good has agency work for the same hrs ect but i dunno, what do you do? like u say a job is a job

wondered what u was on a bout talking to myself? lol nah think it was a post that was put on and got removed, not guil :unamused:

See there you are again, need to stop replying to yourself and edit your last post :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres an example of the work I get,

Last week -

Mon - 1930-0330
Tues - Off
Wed - 0700-1730
Thurs - 1815-0315
Fri - Off
Sat - 1300-0200
Sun - 1800-0300

Week before

Mon - Off
Tues - Off
Wed - 0400-1700
Thurs - 0600-1900
Fri - Off
Sat - Off
Sun - 1800-0300

Mon - 0530-1830
Tue - 0700-1830
Wed - 0730-1700
Thur - 0600-2000
Fri - 0700-1800
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Mon - Off
Tue - Off
Wed - Off
Thu - Off
Fri - 0700-1615
Sat - 2100-0615
Sun - 1800 - 0300

Mon - Off
Tue - 0800-1700
Wed 0800-1700
Thu - 1830-0330
Fri - Off
Sat - Off
Sun -Off

Mon - Off
Tue - Off
Wed - Off
Thu - 1800-0300
Fri - Off
Sat - 0630-1600
Sun - 1830-0330

Looking at this lot I wonder why I’m always tired and feel like **, Never sleep properly. Some weeks the wage slip is as low as £120, others as much as £350

… got a stobart assesment on thursday,

OK, bearing in mind the recent post about the trailer that came undone after 300 km let us know if the assessor requires you to take a torch and check the jaws are closed properly or just requires the usual ‘tug’, presuming you have to pick up and drop a trailer.

Tip. Don’t forget Stobbies’ requirement to apply the trailer brake and use the air suspension to align the fifth wheel.

(Yeah, we all do that, ha).

well went for my interview/assesment at cross green for stobarts,casual driver,the rig was all coupled up, he asked me how i would have cuopled up and what i would do for my daily walk round check, so i went tho it , climed in the cb and i had 2 do i 2 sheet tick the box question paper, tacho regs and road signs ect , i got 18 out of 20, the fail rate is 15 or below , he asked if i was used to the truck, a scania auto with the clutch , yep so we set off out off there yard and on to the m1 junc 45, north to junc 46,along and back down to the yard, got told of cos i went round the roundabout coming off the 45 to there yrd usung one hand :frowning: then he told me to look for place and reverse the trailer into it , nothing hard really, asked me how i felt and was pleased to say i had got to the interview stage :stuck_out_tongue: , nothing like a expected he was laid back, said i had picked a few bad habits like driving one handed now and again and indicting before i looked in the mirror :confused: but othrwise ok, so had a interview the guy asked if i had done tesco stores? i said i have with the milk and i enjoy it he said lots of there drivers dont lol i said suits me id rather do that then sat on a bay for hrs on end, but what ever i had 2 do i was happy,then the wage £7.20 an hr!! thats ■■■■, i said what days would i get he said could be 5 days or the odd day and i could still work with the agency i asked that if i got 2 days or 3 days with the agency planned would it be ok to do that and do a few for them? he seemed ok, but i get the feeling i blew it on th interview, cos i was msaying i work sat and get 13.50 and hr 8hrs and 16.50 after :neutral_face:

got a call from stobarts , job is mine casual , so dunno how this is gonna pan out at all :open_mouth:

slackeye:
got a call from stobarts , job is mine casual , so dunno how this is gonna pan out at all :open_mouth:

Congrats!! Now you can join the elite ‘my ■■■■ don’t stink’ crew be prepared not to flash people in and not to thank anyone for letting you out/go and you’ll fit right in :wink:

why do stobarts drivers do that? i wont anyhow see how it pans out i was happy doin agency work but its gone dead always having 2 work weekends cos no work in week id rather work 5 days and have weekends free, more hrs for the same money and all

slackeye:
why do stobarts drivers do that? i wont anyhow see how it pans out i was happy doin agency work but its gone dead always having 2 work weekends cos no work in week id rather work 5 days and have weekends free, more hrs for the same money and all

sense of humour alert!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
The stobart lads get a lot of grief on here but I have met and spoke to a few and bar one idiot who abused me for polishing my diesel tank(he was scouse though so obviously I care not what the ■■■■ said) they’ve all been nice and friendly. Good luck to you :slight_smile: