Gettin dissillusioned with agency responses

:imp: i rang an agency today as i saw an add " class 1 required we turn work away as we dont have enough drivers! casual drivers , weekend drivers ,xmas contract drivers , permanent drivers all required" i was looking for some weekend driving as i allready have another job and trade, i told them i was a new driver and only passed class 1 in the beginning of september, big mistake i think without knowing anymore about me i was told i need 2 years on class 2 due there insurance, well i dont believe the insurance thing as i wasnt asked anything else, i know we all have to start at the bottom an get this experience but i think we need that lucky break, facts are i am 43! been driving 25 years have full no claims drive a 4x4 an tow a caravan! agghh you may say! i also passed class 1 then class 2 both at 1st attempt, i was also offered full time employment by a supermarket, after passing their assessment but declined due to my other job they didnt want part time. it just annoys me certain people assume things but whatever thats life i will keep plugging away for that part time job! :wink:

:open_mouth: another agency i signed up with after doin there tacho an wtd test, said to me he has 2 firms which will take new drivers i wont repeat the names but that was 2 weekends ago and i havent heard anything yet, i was shown the jobs his drivers had from 1 of these firms, but maybe its just a case of waiting till someone is unable to do there shift an i get a chance? but like somebody said on here before i think a lot of people are making money from people an their is no driver shortage , the firms are just using agency drivers instead of employing direct?

Remember that the agency people are SALESPEOPLE - they are not there to find YOU work - they are there to fill potential vacancies that their clients MAY have at some point

mmmm yep i agree ROG but they were banging on about “i could work you all weekend mate” but i do agree there may jus be no available work i.e their clients dont need any more drivers like you point out., so i will just wait, its just the way they bigged themselves up at 1st. :slight_smile:

Grafters in Hoddesdon town centre
give mat a call you may be able to get into sainsburys & waltham point
I did class one since june, they take on newbies & are the only one round ere
you may have to take a day out during the week for the assesment its a whole day thing ftom 6am

pm me for more info.