Thats me laid off then...D"oh!

Got a phone call from my boss Monday morning, 5 mins after tipping Rugby,
“hello mate, have you finished tipping?”
“yes 5 mins ago”
“youd better come back to the yard, ive got some bad news, im going to have to give you all a weeks notice(there are 3 drivers including myself”)
I dont need to go into the whys and wherefores, but spent the rest of Monday emtying my Super Space Cab out, (and boy have i got, sorry, did i have, some gear in that!) didnt finish emptying it until today :open_mouth:
So thats me out of a job then :cry: Had a deal with the salesman who sold my boss the motor and hes bought the velvet door panels and allround curtains and fridge and microwave and lightbar and 6 spotlights i had fitted he gave me £1,000 for all that, bargain for him, he reckons it will help sell the truck.

Id like to find a job i want to stay at,(as opposed to taking the first thing that comes along,) and doing what ive been doing(continental, mainly Germany) and all 100% LEGAL!but its not that easy to find Euro jobs nowadays, and, as i havent driven Right hand drive trucks for around 7 years, i really dont want to get in one. Oh well, we"ll see what tomorrow brings :open_mouth:
So i"ll be racking that grey matter tomorrow, and generally getting wound up as the day goes on :confused:
So if anyone is looking for a left hand drive Super Space Cab Daf 4x2, 530bhp, Y reg, colour coded white, i know where there is one for sale :laughing:

Genuinely sorry to hear of your misfortune Kindle.

Hope what you want comes along quickly, stay focused. :frowning: :confused: :slight_smile:

Really sorry to hear that, mate. :frowning:

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune and I hope that you find some-
thing that is right for you as soon as possible mate, what about brit-
european out of stoke-on-trent. or pulleynes. cranliegh just throwing a few
hopefully good tips your way. all best …

Have every sympathy with you especially as I heard yesterday that I’m out of a job in May, been there 10 years, money wasn’t great but I enjoyed the job.

sorry to hear about your misfortune kindle530
and I hope that you find something that is right
for you as soon as possible. Good luck and all
the best :smiley: .

convoy:

Goes for you too,Willy Gofar

CM:

convoy:

Goes for you too,Willy Gofar

Sorry to hear about your misfortune to Willy Gofar
and I hope you also find something that is right
the best :smiley: . Well spotted CM missed that one

sorry about that kindle thats tough mate but a typical of another euro haulier down the pan theres a firm in leeds i dont really want to recommend them as i dont think in the long term you will thank me called devanneys in leeds 90% is euro work last time i had any dealings was a few years ago but about 12 lorrys money is crap wagons are good manily swiss up to you but dont come back to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: always after drivers.

sorry to hear that kindle and willy gofar,hope you’s get sorted soon.

jessicas dad:
sorry about that kindle thats tough mate but a typical of another euro haulier down the pan theres a firm in leeds i dont really want to recommend them as i dont think in the long term you will thank me called devanneys in leeds 90% is euro work last time i had any dealings was a few years ago but about 12 lorrys money is crap wagons are good manily swiss up to you but dont come back to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: always after drivers.

I see I’m not the only one who starts laughing when they’re mentioned (and the money they pay) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Sorry to hear that, both of you, I hope you find something (decent) soon.

i know bob :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: thats why i said dont come back to me but from reading some posts on here some people are desperate for euro work. :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to here that kindle, wish i could point you in the direction of someone round our way with the type of work your seeking. But to be honest their a dieing breed, or so it would seem,as you’ve found out. But then i said this a number of years ago even in relation to dock traction work like what i used to do. with that the foreign hauliers started shipping over on a sunday night with 12-1300 liters diesel, do a weeks work then ship home friday night, legal not, but it still goes on, and theres no way a brit haulier can compete.
Anyway best of luck to you and Willy, some thing will turn up.

What about Mathews him that pulls the Turkeys?

eddie snax , sorry mate but it is leagal to carry atotal of 1500liters of
fuel in two -tanks and the tanks are to be less than 1000liters capacity
(ADR- HAZERDOUS WHEN A CONTAINER IS FILLED WITH FUEL AND
1000L+LITERS) ; THE same applys to all of us who return with our lorrys
from abroad we would be idiots if we did not bring the same amount of
fuel when we returned and many firms do this .as for cabotage the
lorrys must leave after a set number of journeys or time and hopefully
there is some one out there who will definé that a little better and perhaps with more information. and I can remember when the allowance
was 200liters but no one ever checked the tanks in dover to ensure that
this was adhred to…

Sorry to hear that Kindle, i bet you are well peed of that sounded a nice truck, and a good company to work for.
Has your boss sold that nice Magnum that he only got a while back.

You got any photos of your Daf, because it sounds well smart :sunglasses:

what more can i say guys but good luck in your hunting :smiley:

Sorry to hear about your mis fortune Kindle and Willy Gofar. I have also been given notice of my redundancy, I’ll be out of a job at the end of April. :frowning: :frowning:

Good luck to us all, in finding the right job.

Simon:
Sorry to hear about your mis fortune Kindle and Willy Gofar. I have also been given notice of my redundancy, I’ll be out of a job at the end of April. :frowning: :frowning:

Good luck to us all, in finding the right job.

Yeah! i’ll second that Simon, good luck to you all!