Its bye bye from me

i have decided to call it a day driving wagons

good luck to spacemonkey as he has started at brian yeardleys,i hope he has better luck than he did at cowboy karls

also good luck to all for the future

thanks to trucknet for a cracking forum which has given lots of info over the years.

all the best
jon

Just because you don’t drive a truck it doesn’t mean you can’t use the forums. Don’t be a stranger and good luck with whatever you have planned.

Good Luck :smiley:

well come on jon tell all or send me a pm.

good luck to you with whatever you do. ive more or less jacked in driving properly now and dont miss it one bit. ive earnt enough money this weekend to make sure i dont have to drive for the next 6 weekends if i dont want to. i still get behind the wheel if im skint or i need to buy something but other than that ive got no intention of driving unless im really forced too.

as for coming on trucknet… i still come on every day to see whats going on, i dont post very much cos as im not in the industry i dont have a lot i can really say but now and again i stick my pennys worth in.

the big question is …WHATS GONE WRONG AT YEARDLEYS :question: :question: :question: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:slight_smile: I went back to overseas engineering for the money ,But sat here when finished onsite back at the villa the first thing i do is check my emails and the on to Trucknet for some realty and normal things its keeping me sane and up to date for when the contrat finishes and if no other contrats can get behind the wheel again fresh with all the local info and stupid new driving laws so keep connected and Good Luck with future employment ,Remenber that HGV 1 will always put a few quid in thy pocket when needed it one good egg to have

jessicas dad:

good luck to you with whatever you do. ive more or less jacked in driving properly now and dont miss it one bit. ive earnt enough money this weekend to make sure i dont have to drive for the next 6 weekends if i dont want to. i still get behind the wheel if im skint or i need to buy something but other than that ive got no intention of driving unless im really forced too.

as for coming on trucknet… i still come on every day to see whats going on, i dont post very much cos as im not in the industry i dont have a lot i can really say but now and again i stick my pennys worth in.

the big question is …WHATS GONE WRONG AT YEARDLEYS :question: :question: :question: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What you doing instead JD?

thecoder0:
[:

[/quote]

ive retrained as an electricain now and im not looking back.

this weekend on sat i put in this bloke house 10 downlighters plus and outside light and a double socket in his garage.

on sunday ive put in 10 downlighters plus repaired 2 double socket and changed another 3 plus moved a cooker switch and added a cooker outlet.

:wink:

jessicas dad:

as far as i know nowt has gone wrong.the easy rigid job fell through a few weeks ago with the departure of my manager and the departure of jase 11`s old wagon to our kent depot .also a uk artic went on to euro work adding extra work load on the fev uk lads and lass.

i decided to leave some time a go it just took a while to get sorted with something new.

i am going back bus driving at arriva at wakefield.at least i can plan my social life again.from jan 07 it is £9 an hour .

if that doesnt work out i will go agency driving.
jon

Good luck to you Jon.

My father-in-law was a bus driver at Dewsbury for over 30 years,and retired on medical grounds a couple of years ago,and like he said,his work walks on,and walks off,and I couldn’t have put it better myself.

However,he said the down side,is the fact you do,and will,get stroppy passengers on,but his advice was to just smile through gritted teeth and nod,much in the same way we on trucks tend to do at goods in checkers if we are in a rush.

Keep popping in Jon,as even though you may have given up truck driving,the diesel and computer keyboard,will still be in the blood.

Ken.

jessicas dad:

thecoder0:
[:

this weekend on sat i put in this bloke house 10 downlighters plus and outside light and a double socket in his garage.

on sunday ive put in 10 downlighters plus repaired 2 double socket and changed another 3 plus moved a cooker switch and added a cooker outlet.

[/quote]

Good on yer mate…where did you do it and how long did the training take

Good luck jon boy 100 :smiley:
Arriva at wakefield is that on barnsley road
if so I take steel in to there stores sometimes

Arriva at wakefield is that on barnsley road

That’s the one.

Passed it today,on the way to a friends house in Sandal,on the A61.

Ken.

jessicas dad:

thecoder0:
[:

[/quote]

did it take long to retrain as an electrician ? Im thinking of doing sumthin similar.

routier:
did it take long to retrain as an electrician ? Im thinking of doing sumthin similar.

retrain as a plumber, good money and you only have to learn two things…

payday is Thursday…

and ■■■■■ flows down hill

Good luck jonboy, and good luck Jessicas Dad too.

no routier the training didnt take that long. the course im doing is 2 years but it is an intensive course which means i do 2 days a week at college the first year is learning about electrics and how to do it and the second year is inspection and testing.
i started last september and now im taking on jobs on the weekend myself. i must admit that on our course there was some real dimwits, but i was of the better ones in the class.

jessicas dad:

dafdave

Isay the same mate,im retired 6yrs but still have an interest in whats happening and whats changing.Good luck to you jon boy but keep an interest and stay with us.

Dave

Arriva Wakefield seems like an ok firm to be at the moment in the bus industry…not been there myself but I know plenty who have.

I’m back in a bus job tomorrow for a small family firm near Hemsworth, until I get my C and C+E it will do for me.

The only thing that would put me off Arriva is the late runs into Leeds city, not nice so I’m told.

But good luck anyway, and that £9 per hour sure is very tempting!

jessicas dad:
no routier the training didnt take that long. the course im doing is 2 years but it is an intensive course which means i do 2 days a week at college the first year is learning about electrics and how to do it and the second year is inspection and testing.
i started last september and now im taking on jobs on the weekend myself. i must admit that on our course there was some real dimwits, but i was of the better ones in the class.

JD Where are you doing the course any details would be great

There seems to be something in the water at the moment, everybody is switching on to bus work :laughing: :laughing:

Myself, I started at a bus firm on Friday (well thursday but that is another story in its self) Pay is £6.60ph which is good for cornwall. Doing everything from routes to holiday feeders and park and ride (at the world famous eden project) now that is a nice view from the “office window”

I also get some loverly views of the cornish coastline!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: