Thanks Mate "why park in front of me"

… Evening All,why do some drivers go out of their way to inconvenience other,
i was heading North on the A10 this morning and being early for my booking in Harlow,
i pulled into the Lay-by just before the A414 turn,nothing in the Lay-by so i parked near to the
exit of the Lay-by leaving myself enough road to get up to speed to rejoin the main road.
Now this is quite a big Lay-by,usually enough room for 5/6 trucks but there was just me parked in it,
another truck pulls in behind me,it slows down and iam thinking he was parking behind me in all that
empty space,but this was not to be,the driver thought it would be better to park in front of me.
I could not believe it,he pulls past me and starts his manoeuvres to get into what is left of the Lay-by.
He then reverses back towards me leaving just about a cars length between his back doors and my bumper,
i thought what a(zb) he has more or less blocked my safe exit,instead of me leaving the Lay-by @20mph i have
to shunt my truck out and join the main road from a standing start,Some drivers just dont care about other
road users as the title says Thanks Mate and as the saying goes “every little helps” Rant over…

And breathe. :wink: :laughing:

Your not alone mate, reminds me of the time I had to unhitch my trailer to do a couple of drops in Leatherhead, Surrey. Left my trailer right at the end of the layby that’s opposite the VOSA station, noone couldve parked infront without doing a couple of shunts and blocking the carrageway, but sure enough when I came back some zb in a car transporter had parked in front so I couldn’t get my trailer, not only that when I went to the cab to give em an earfull there was noone in the cab, god knows where they had gone! :imp:

Ended up having to block the nearside lane while I lifted the trailer round with the crane so I could hitch up, caused chaos but I eventually got it done. Before I left I pulled the parking brake on the transporter trailer although I feel they deserved more for their ignorance :angry:

Grayham:
Your not alone mate, reminds me of the time I had to unhitch my trailer to do a couple of drops in Leatherhead, Surrey. Left my trailer right at the end of the layby

Grayham:
a car transporter had parked in front so I couldn’t get my trailer

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

enit?:

Grayham:
Your not alone mate, reminds me of the time I had to unhitch my trailer to do a couple of drops in Leatherhead, Surrey. Left my trailer right at the end of the layby

Grayham:
a car transporter had parked in front so I couldn’t get my trailer

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

le :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: pourquoi??

Grayham:
Your not alone mate, reminds me of the time I had to unhitch my trailer to do a couple of drops in Leatherhead, Surrey. Left my trailer right at the end of the layby that’s opposite the VOSA station, noone couldve parked infront without doing a couple of shunts and blocking the carrageway, but sure enough when I came back some zb in a car transporter had parked in front so I couldn’t get my trailer, not only that when I went to the cab to give em an earfull there was noone in the cab, god knows where they had gone! :imp:

Drawbar jockeys of the world unite!!

Mate of mine used to carry one of those soap dispensers full of axle grease that he used to surreptitiously apply to the underside of the driver’s door handle if anybody (usually a car) had blocked his drag.

Grayham:
Ended up having to block the nearside lane while I lifted the trailer round with the crane so I could hitch up,

Been there, done that!

Usually a bit easier with an A frame as you can dump the air out of the front axle and pull it round by hand if empty, or with a belt onto the the unit if loaded.