Parking in lay byes

WHY CANT DRIVERS park propperly in lay byes i was not able to park up for the night at penkridge the other night.as some drivers were not parked up propperlythe gap between some trucks were stupid so if your parked up for the night .please park closer to the truck in front not leave a gap of about 10 feet so no one can park up behindn you or in front of you

thanks

You need more than 10’ gap to get out if you have 40’+ of trailer to follow you! Especially if someone is parked up your arse with a 10’ gap leaving no room for manoeuvre :smiling_imp:

Yes but say you pull in behind a truck pull your card an draw your curtains then they move off, yes you look like the inconsiderate one but what else can you do

Jeez think about it logically…you pull in behind a truck and book off. He’s on a break and toddles off after twenty odd minutes. Do you then book on to move up thirty feet - I think not. Instead of blaming drivers for parking in lay bys why not have a pop at the government who do not supply sufficient affordable parking areas that have amenities, are safe and crime free. (Just a thought like).

dualflags:
WHY CANT DRIVERS park propperly in lay byes i was not able to park up for the night at penkridge the other night.as some drivers were not parked up propperlythe gap between some trucks were stupid so if your parked up for the night .please park closer to the truck in front not leave a gap of about 10 feet so no one can park up behindn you or in front of you

thanks

I said the same the other week on a thread I started up and got nothing but abuse from some of them idiots that call them selfs drivers.
it’s like they park up and thats it. they don’t care as long as they’ve got their space.
did a good 1 last night in a lay by on the 66. there was room for 3 artics but only 2 was using the space so I dropped trailer at front of layby and then parked unit between the 2 others. should of heard them @ 6am this morning when they couldn’t get out. they banged on door and got abusive so I called old bill and they were still there with the police when I left @ 8 am.
I get fed up with these idiots parking as they please.
just budge up its not hard.

lizard:

dualflags:

thanks

I said the same the other week on a thread I started up and got nothing but abuse from some of them idiots that call them selfs drivers.
it’s like they park up and thats it. they don’t care as long as they’ve got their space.
did a good 1 last night in a lay by on the 66. there was room for 3 artics but only 2 was using the space so I dropped trailer at front of layby and then parked unit between the 2 others. should of heard them @ 6am this morning when they couldn’t get out. they banged on door and got abusive so I called old bill and they were still there with the police when I left @ 8 am.

Hopefully this is a wind up?

lizard:

dualflags:

thanks

■■■■

Unreal just when you think you’ve heard it all :unamused:

Suedehead:

lizard:

dualflags:

thanks

Hopefully this is a wind up?

+1 what an idiot!

I move my truck regular when overnighting, no card in, been stopped by vosa who say no prob cos it’s only a yard or two. somedays it’s cos of tv pic then a more peaceful nights kip. an sometimes it is just to make more room in laybye etc
no worries as long as its not a few clicks.
it is not a hanging offence yet and does not need a printout to justify the move.
it’s just common sense . no more no less. :unamused:

gezt:
I move my truck regular when overnighting, no card in, been stopped by vosa who say no prob cos it’s only a yard or two. somedays it’s cos of tv pic then a more peaceful nights kip. an sometimes it is just to make more room in laybye etc
it is not a hanging offence yet and does not need a printout to justify the move.

+1

Express Pete:
Jeez think about it logically…you pull in behind a truck and book off. He’s on a break and toddles off after twenty odd minutes. Do you then book on to move up thirty feet - I think not. Instead of blaming drivers for parking in lay bys why not have a pop at the government who do not supply sufficient affordable parking areas that have amenities, are safe and crime free. (Just a thought like).

HERE HERE I totally agree! Just finished for the day and its taken me half hour to find suitable parking as my company do not reimburse parking expenses!

As it happens, the digi tach takes 5 secs to register a move, so if you’re careful you can move a bit even with the card in.

I always sunt up if the lorry in front moves away after a 45. But if my curtains are drawn then I wont know they have moved so tough.
But I ALWAYS make sure I leave a big enough gap so I can pull out in the morning, just in case somebody has parked right up my arse!

206doorman:
As it happens, the digi tach takes 5 secs to register a move, so if you’re careful you can move a bit even with the card in.

Really? Try moving it for less than that and then come back and say it doesn’t register!

msgyorkie:
I always sunt up if the lorry in front moves away after a 45. But if my curtains are drawn then I wont know they have moved so tough.
But I ALWAYS make sure I leave a big enough gap so I can pull out in the morning, just in case somebody has parked right up my arse!

More than likely be lizard in his unit.

Not being funny why cant people like you moaning about others spell properly

Suedehead:

msgyorkie:

More than likely be lizard in his unit.

:laughing:

gezt:

We’ll have less of that here if you dont mind, it looks like common sense is an infringement to some folk here :wink: :laughing:

the maoster:

206doorman:

Really? Try moving it for less than that and then come back and say it doesn’t register!

Perhaps I should have said that this is on a 59 plate with a Seimens unit.
Works for me.