Bloody Mondays

Parked in a layby today and it was narrow but other trucks were squeezing past no dramas, then this 7.5 ton squeezes past mounts pavement a bit fast and the box body rocks big time a puts a scrape down down side of trailer. I know it was tight but if hed have used more of the pavement and proceeded with caution it would have been fine.Grrrrr!

So you parked in a lay-by that forced others to mount a kerb to pass you? No doubt the drivers that had to mount the kerb to pass you had some fruity language for you.

If you park in lots of laybys now, i’m thinking of those alongside the A50 between M1 and Uttoxeter here, but any modern set back layby will do, then they are nearly all too narrow for lorry parking with other lorries passing by unhindered, unless either the parker or the passer by mounts the kerb.

High horses notwithstanding.

CraigM:
So you parked in a lay-by that forced others to mount a kerb to pass you? No doubt the drivers that had to mount the kerb to pass you had some fruity language for you.

You’re not a lorry driver are you?

Absolutely not he isnt, and he has never used a layby anyway, even on his moped, get off this site you moron and go do some eddie spotting.

Hahah hit a nerve with a few of you girls have I?

I’m only a lil ol class C driver so have no delusions of grandeur as most here are displaying. If I’m in a layby I’m in the middle of nowhere with nobody likely to need to pass me. I still make sure I leave room though. It’s not hard.

Now you girls can try and belittle me for whatever you feel massages your ego.

It looks like TruckNet’s got a new clown. :unamused:

Contraflow:

A Class C Clown :wink:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

:laughing:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Oh I am sorry miss.

CraigM:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Oh I am sorry miss.

MRS thanks, i’m married :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Contraflow:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Straight for the throat! :laughing: :laughing:

Gembo:

Contraflow:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Straight for the throat! :laughing: :laughing:

That’s a jugular :wink: :wink: :wink:

tango boy:

CraigM:

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Oh I am sorry miss.

MRS thanks, i’m married :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s right I forgot they allow civil partnerships these days. :wink:

5RRF:
Parked in a layby today and it was narrow but other trucks were squeezing past no dramas

CraigM:
So you parked in a lay-by that forced others to mount a kerb to pass you?

Did you read the post properly?

think of a 7.5 tonner as a car driver who has been let loose in a big van but still drives it like a fiesta xr2.

You’re not a lorry driver are you?
[/quote]
My thoughts.!

Ye gods, WTF is going on here? or has it got something to do with the fact that in one of his other posts he admits to sitting at 40mph on single carriageways? I suppose that must prove that he can’t be a proper lorry driver because doing that sort of thing just isn’t macho enough.

cav551:
Ye gods, WTF is going on here? or has it got something to do with the fact that in one of his other posts he admits to sitting at 40mph on single carriageways? I suppose that must prove that he can’t be a proper lorry driver because doing that sort of thing just isn’t macho enough.

Hes ruffled some feathers whatever hes said :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dont get involved cav55 :wink: :wink:

seth 70:

cav551:

Hes ruffled some feathers whatever hes said :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dont get involved cav55 :wink: :wink:

Why shouldn’t he? Will the real truckers disown him? Will he be relegated to driving a 7.5tonne for punishment■■? Oooooh the drama. It’s like a bad soap opera on here at times.

I’m not one for pandering to internet heros.