Parking

=THIS
Has been posted over the past few days about how no spaces in lay-bys are truckers faults.

I am surprised it didnt get more heated than that, pussycats these caravanners :stuck_out_tongue: If that had have been a thread about Tescos doing 45mph it would have gone on for weeks.

Seems Bertie was going to be right whatever was suggested.

bertie is a ■■■■■
The obvious problem with his arguement is when he needed to park in a layby it was already full of lorrys so parking restriction should be put in place. If he got his way and had found a place in a layby he’d have got a parking ticket. i wonder if he’d have been happy then.

guess they`ve never spent a night out in a truck lol.

i bet he’s got one of mr vain’s toilets in his caravan

I notice no mention was made of the amount of room caravanner’s waste by spreading out on motorway service lorry parks :unamused:

Wonder if he has parked in the layby at BP Wolverhampton!! I doubt he woulda got much sleep.

If he would’ve found a space, that thread wouldn’t exist!! Stroppy sod. :imp:

They should put all the freight on the railways :stuck_out_tongue:

It just goes to show how naive the public are to the plight of the humble trucker.
The article referered to the word “WE”. Doesn’t that mean more than one driver?
Even if they lived in Wick, They could have done it in one hit.
They didn’t plan ahead did they.
Too much booze on the “9 HOUR” boat crossing no doubt.

So my conclusion to this is in two parts.

1. Truckers need more, bigger and better parking areas.
  2. Caravan owners can go [zb] themselves.

They didn’t plan ahead did they.

That could be the case. If they had a cabin on the ferry they could had at least some sleep in there. They wouldn’t have had to share like they expect drivers to. :angry: It shouldn’t have been a surprise that all the laybys are full, that’s normal. :unamused:

tachograph:
I notice no mention was made of the amount of room caravanner’s waste by spreading out on motorway service lorry parks :unamused:

I know I`m gonna get slated for this post

My favourite pastime…caravan blocking.
While theyre inside the van brewing tea/coffee, I pull up for my break as close as possible to the door. Last time I had some irate guy asking if I could move so they could get out, "no problem mate, Ill shift it in 45 mins when Ive had my break" He wasnt a happy bunny, unusually there was dedicated caravan parking elsewhere on the site. so there was no excuse why they should be in the truck park

peirre:

tachograph:

I know I`m gonna get slated for this post

My favourite pastime…caravan blocking.
While theyre inside the van brewing tea/coffee, I pull up for my break as close as possible to the door. Last time I had some irate guy asking if I could move so they could get out, "no problem mate, Ill shift it in 45 mins when Ive had my break" He wasnt a happy bunny, unusually there was dedicated caravan parking elsewhere on the site. so there was no excuse why they should be in the truck park

HAHAHAHAHA
awesome im gonna do that the next time im away.
its annoying when you see this piddly lil car and caravan in a truck space and usually parked in between 2 spaces.

we`d get screwed over by cp plus if we parked in the wrong space so why dont caravanners?

This highlights the problem with this country.

More emphasis is placed on the car, whether it be for business or domestic use than the commercial vehicle.
Doesn’t matter that a lot of commercial drivers have limited time in which to get the job done - the car matters more…
Motorway hold up or similar - why do they tend to hold back the trucks and let the cars go first :question: - thats logical - NOT :exclamation:

FFS Rog,

do you not know that in britain the lowly trucker is a third class citizen behind criminals and murderers, the only people lower than us are rapists and kiddie fiddlers. you should know that by now, it doesnt matter that we can spend days on end cramped up in a tin box with hardly any space but as long as joe public in his car gets the right of way over us thats all that matters.

it all comes down to the fact that dirty lorries are a pain in the arse for everyone until we run out of stuff in the shops

Giblsa:
FFS Rog,

do you not know that in britain the lowly trucker is a third class citizen behind criminals and murderers, the only people lower than us are rapists and kiddie fiddlers. you should know that by now, it doesnt matter that we can spend days on end cramped up in a tin box with hardly any space but as long as joe public in his car gets the right of way over us thats all that matters.

it all comes down to the fact that dirty lorries are a pain in the arse for everyone until we run out of stuff in the shops

OF course I know all of the above :exclamation: - I was just having a little rant - I think I was due one… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Giblsa:
FFS Rog,

do you not know that in britain the lowly trucker is a third class citizen behind criminals and murderers, the only people lower than us are rapists and kiddie fiddlers.

Aww cheer up - it could be worse…

…like you could find yourself stuck in a lift with Bertie! :laughing:

Doesn’t bear thinking about…

My favourite part of that thread is:-

Jenniefernn
Bertie, like us, is a pensioner, we only have our pensions …

Their car is a Volvo XC90 and the caravan a Sterling Elite.

Somehow doesn’t sound like folk who’ve struggled through life. Of course, she doesn’t mention how much their pensions add up to??

Stan

Stanley Knife:
My favourite part of that thread is:-

Jenniefernn
Bertie, like us, is a pensioner, we only have our pensions …

Their car is a Volvo XC90 and the caravan a Sterling Elite.

Somehow doesn’t sound like folk who’ve struggled through life. Of course, she doesn’t mention how much their pensions add up to??

Stan

With that towing combination they must have spent £30 - 40 K min!
Why don’t they trade it in for a 4 yr old unit & trailer, then they can jostle for a space in a lay-by, get parked and spend the next 9 hrs wondering whether you’ll have any mirrors left in the morning, or a big hole in the trailer where MR. ■■■■■ has been having a ferret around. Couple that to natures latreen in the hedgerow and they should feel right at home!

lmao :laughing:

I’ve got a personal thing against caravans, and campervans (sorry, motorhomes). I think they shouldn’t be on the road in the first place, they’re flimsey, light and dangerous - Plus the majority of people towing them have had no training to do so, I’ve seen 4x4s towing great big caravans which total as long as an artic, iirc - as long as the driver passed his test before 1997 he needs absolutely no training to do so! ffs!

IF YOU WANT TO GO CAMPING, BUY A BLOODY TENT AND STOP BEING SUCH A … meeeooow :laughing:

Bunch of whinging, state of the art aluminium turd on wheels, wierdos! :smiling_imp:

Im thinking a lot of these priveledged ■■■■■■ are getting a very bad press from us lorry drivers.

We could work together a bit more, for instance if we left the caravanners a little more room to park.

I am sure they then wouldn’t mind so much if we woke them at 4 am to borrow their cassette toilet, until we get our own fitted in the cabs of course :stuck_out_tongue: