Parking

perhaps bernie needs the bolt
showing my age a bit

Wheel Nut:
Im thinking a lot of these priveledged ■■■■■■ are getting a very bad press from us lorry drivers.

We could work together a bit more, for instance if we left the caravanners a little more room to park.

I am sure they then wouldn’t mind so much if we woke them at 4 am to borrow their cassette toilet, until we get our own fitted in the cabs of course :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought you were being sympathetic until I saw “privilidged ■■■■■■” :laughing:

I don’t think he (was it mr vain?)'s ever going to live the toilet thread down.

darkseeker:
lmao :laughing:

the majority of people towing them have had no training to do so, I’ve seen 4x4s towing great big caravans which total as long as an artic, iirc - as long as the driver passed his test before 1997 he needs absolutely no training to do so! ffs!

IF YOU WANT TO GO CAMPING, BUY A BLOODY TENT AND STOP BEING SUCH A … meeeooow :laughing:

Yep, and they’re actually trickier to tow than any other trailer because of the weight, or lack of it - there should be more regulation.

limeyphil:
So my conclusion to this is in two parts.

1. Truckers need more, bigger and better parking areas.
    2) Caravan owners can go [zb] themselves.

LOL brilliant

i love reading threads like that gives me somthing to laugh at, its alright for him to have a go but i have been to Strensham services on a friday night and there has been no space in the Lorry park due to caravans even though there is a caravan only place on the left as you enter the services

I think caravanners are a bloody menace, had one Monday night 10.30pm M4 W/bound struggled to pass me, i’m on limiter @56 eventually i slowed to let him in, no thanks!! then he slowed down to 50 i followed for a couple of miles, then pulled out to overtake him got halfway past then the ■■■■ decided to speed up so im stuck out in middle lane, :imp: saw in distance Tesco truck so knew id get back in after overtaking that, by then mr caravan had tried to accelerate past me on the inside :open_mouth: i was a couple of hundred yards off the back of the Tesco truck when mr caravan indicated to pull over into the middle lane, problem being that he was nowhere near past me to pull out, i got past Tesco truck pulled in to see mr caravan flashing his lights and making rude gestures :unamused: so i slowed slighly let him get level gave him a merchant banker sign and merrily accelerated away on the nice downhill stretch with 44 ton of gravity accelleration :smiley:
Pity you cant by the caravan stickers with a line through them, bit like the old fighter pilots kill victorys painted on their aircraft, love to have some!! CARAVANNERS I HATE THEM :smiling_imp:

Ben9:
=THIS
Has been posted over the past few days about how no spaces in lay-bys are truckers faults.

What i’d like to know is who’d drive an truck all year then take his holidays in a caravan.
Any idea’s?

if you park in a truck space in french services with a car or a caravan and there is no space left for your truck,the french police will move them on,it seems uk caravaners abroad think they can do what they want like they do here :imp: think again :smiley:

Caravaners :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
I hate them. My missus wants us to get one no no no.

Its pathetic. If my boss could carry chemicals in one he would no doubt change the fleet.

they can drive around no hours or anything to worry about.

K.Adams:
Caravaners :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
I hate them. My missus wants us to get one no no no.

Its pathetic. If my boss could carry chemicals in one he would no doubt change the fleet.

they can drive around no hours or anything to worry about.

Thats a good plan Kieran. You would get 3 or 4 IBC’s in one and a bunk at the back. They may look at you a bit funny in Cadburys when you drive onto the weighbridge though :wink:

peirre:

tachograph:
I notice no mention was made of the amount of room caravanner’s waste by spreading out on motorway service lorry parks :unamused:

I know I`m gonna get slated for this post

My favourite pastime…caravan blocking.
While theyre inside the van brewing tea/coffee, I pull up for my break as close as possible to the door. Last time I had some irate guy asking if I could move so they could get out, "no problem mate, Ill shift it in 45 mins when Ive had my break" He wasnt a happy bunny, unusually there was dedicated caravan parking elsewhere on the site. so there was no excuse why they should be in the truck park

If work ever gets a bit slack for you, there’ll always be an opening for you with cp plus. And they’ll give you a company van as well.

peirre:

tachograph:
I notice no mention was made of the amount of room caravanner’s waste by spreading out on motorway service lorry parks :unamused:

While theyre inside the van brewing tea/coffee, I pull up for my break as close as possible to the door. Last time I had some irate guy asking if I could move so they could get out, "no problem mate, Ill shift it in 45 mins when Ive had my break" He wasnt a happy bunny, unusually there was dedicated caravan parking elsewhere on the site. so there was no excuse why they should be in the truck park

quality! will be trying that as soon as i pass…

charliebear:

peirre:

tachograph:

quality! will be trying that as soon as i pass…

As soon as you pass you’ll probably not only block caravans but everyone else as well without even trying !! :smiley: