Tescos Canteens

Hi all. I’ve been delivering for tesco now for the last 6 years. I’ve had one of the canteen top up cards for most of this, but just before Christmas I lent it to a contractor who then disappeared with it so can no longer get food from the canteen and like the most of us tesco drivers I’m in there a lot and am now sick of the KFC and mcdonalds. I’ve asked in HR but have had no luck, has anyone got a spear or one they no longer use and I can sort them out some money. Thank chris roden

orys:

jessicas dad:
ive got an asda one from when i was agency there, i got mine free but if you want one i think they cost a fiver.

dont know about tesco but i bet they are similar.

So you get them free if you don’t want it? :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Ive got 5 :laughing: 4 are spare as I wont be in tescos so often anymore. PM me if ya wanting one and ill sort you out. none have credit as i just use for the 3 free coffees :slight_smile: :open_mouth:

I’ve got a SPEAR if you want one. Some of the staff could do with barbecuing

The new rdc’s dagenham/reading you can no longer get entry to the canteen if anyone ever go’s there.

karl67:
The new rdc’s dagenham/reading you can no longer get entry to the canteen if anyone ever go’s there.

Won’t be missing much, the food is ■■■■, I don’t/won’t eat in the DC’s, only eat in the store canteens, much cheaper and much nicer :wink:

selby newcomer:

karl67:

Won’t be missing much, the food is [zb], I don’t/won’t eat in the DC’s, only eat in the store canteens, much cheaper and much nicer :wink:

i digress. most of the RDC food is crap. warm and cheap is the way forward tho. the only exception i found is middlesborough. the food there is as good if not better than and greasy spoon i ever ate in a 5 times cheaper. just a shame i rarely go up there :frowning: and from monday wont be at any Tescos for a while :frowning: Possibly odd day here and there untill xmas cos every man and his dog gets tesco then lmao

Why did they do away with the cardinal card??

selby newcomer:
only eat in the store canteens, much cheaper and much nicer :wink:

Really…?

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:
only eat in the store canteens, much cheaper and much nicer :wink:

Really…?

Yep, I’m not talking the store restaurant, the store staff canteen,

Waitrose operate the same system, it costs £5 for the card then top it up,. so much for them offering to let contractors use their facilities, without a card you cant even get a cuppa, i was lucky cos a colleague gave me his spare one.
Sainsburys say contractors can use their canteens, but ab lot of them have swipe cards to get in and out, sometimes it takes ages for someone to show their face.

Anyone on here work for tesco’s who can get hold of one of those top up cards they use now in their canteens at most RDC’s

I seem to be spending more and more time in these places and if anyone can get hold of one for me so i can get a decent meal then im willing to cross their palms with abit of silver

Ta very much :wink:

You can have mine for free mate, I doing my last shift for them on Monday and won’t be going back

Send me your address and i’ll post it to you mate

Thanks pal your a star :wink: :wink:

you have a pm :wink:

I’ve still got mine Stu from when I worked at chepstow but that’s about 9 years ago :open_mouth: if it still works you’re welcome to it :smiley: :smiley:

they got all new ones fitted with a machine which you top up with cash in the restaurant,well the one in avonmouth has not been in any others,as you could also pay cash until they recently stopped it :unamused:

thanks pal :wink:

Thetaff:
they got all new ones fitted with a machine which you top up with cash in the restaurant,well the one in avonmouth has not been in any others,as you could also pay cash until they recently stopped it :unamused:

shows how long since i was in the UK, they’ve got a depot in avonmouth you say??

welshboyinspain:

Thetaff:

shows how long since i was in the UK, they’ve got a depot in avonmouth you say??

Yeah chepstow is shut,has been for a few months,the new one is ■■■■■■ huge,in there alot but without a card i carnt have a cheap meal instead have to buy the sarnies out of the machine which doesnt work that often :unamused:

Thetaff:

The cards in question will work in the other depots as well, they are rolling out the system nationwide I believe, You will need them if you want tea or coffee, the food in Avonmouth is very good especially the breakfast, well worth a visit. :smiley:

when i did security for tescos ( Not a tesco guard but for a private firm ) all i did was go to HR and ask for one.

Mick