Take your butties to Tesco

Went in the canteen last night at a Tesco RDC.

A notice on the counter,

"Please dont be annoyed but we are no longer allowed to serve contract drivers

This is Tesco policy"

What the ■■■■ is this company coming too?
Things must be getting a little grim eh folks!

So you can sit there for 3 or 4 hours but you cant buy a sandwich! For christ sake!

Instead of complaining on trucknet email tesco customer service and ask if that is their company policy or a noughty counter monkeys own interpretation of the rules.

Then remind them you will take your family’s weekly shop elsewhere if they don’t like your business

Tell me is tesco customer services akin to tesco fleet “engineering”

If so I will save myself a phone call.

Bunch of bloody amatuers.

Go in with your own notice.

“As I am regarded as a sub-human by Tescos, I will no longer shop with you.”

Other shops are available.

speedyguy:
Instead of complaining on trucknet email tesco customer service and ask if that is their company policy or a noughty counter monkeys own interpretation of the rules.

Then remind them you will take your family’s weekly shop elsewhere if they don’t like your business

Good to have that info on here though.

Bking:
Tell me is tesco customer services akin to tesco fleet “engineering”

If so I will save myself a phone call.

Bunch of bloody amatuers.

Nothing wrong with letting them know your feelings.

Anyway,a very strange way to treat people who bring their supplies in. :confused:

I’m wondering if tesco’s drop in profits is due to the amount of people they are ■■■■■■■ off.

Think about it - they treat farmers, suppliers, contractors and of course us like ■■■■.

That’s a fair few households.

Bking:

A notice on the counter,

This is Tesco policy"

What the [zb] is this company coming too?

So you can sit there for 3 or 4 hours but you cant buy a sandwich! For christ sake!

The canteen’s are run by a contractor at my depot they levy a 100% surcharge if you have to borrow the visitors vending card but the do serve outside drivers, I have supplied a couple of drivers with staff vending cards and they get the food at the same price as me.

Ask for the depot managers Email address and contact him in the meantime just get a staff member to buy the food for you or pretend you don’t speak English and that you work in the warehouse.

they certainly have had some bad press,just lately

Bking:

A notice on the counter,

This is Tesco policy"

What the [zb] is this company coming too?

I thought Tesco RDC canteens were all done on an employee card type system as i went into the canteen at Southampton once because i was told “it’ll be 2 hrs drive” and i couldn’t get sweet FA except scrounge a cup of tea off the canteen lady.

Better off writing to the CEO of the company, and ask him if this is a universal company policy, and asking him if he would be so kind as to look into it for you. While he won’t personally, he might get one of his minions to do so.

Ken.

Which RDC is this… so we can follow this up for the mags

We prefer to shop at ASDA anyway.

Rikki-UK:

I’m under the impression its all Tesco RDC’s.

Didcot.

bald bloke:

Rikki-UK:

Not heard of it in my place, (Avonmouth) the staff vending cards are quite difficult to come by, as far as I’m aware visiting drivers with staff cards pay the advertised price.

This seems very unfair when you consider the large number of agency staff employed who pay the same as full timers.

they took out the coin slots on the vending machines at livingston so only their credit card sized swipe cards were able to be used but only monarch drivers were issued them (outside their own staff) which wasnt fair on the rest of us. the canteen turned to swipe card only too at the tills. fortunately the security guys were sympathetic and dished the cards out to everyone on the provision that they lied in the book about who employed them :laughing:

kjw21:
I’m wondering if tesco’s drop in profits is due to the amount of people they are ■■■■■■■ off.

Think about it - they treat farmers, suppliers, contractors and of course us like [zb].

That’s a fair few households.

Not to mention Horse lovers ! :laughing:

mike68:

bald bloke:

Rikki-UK:

Not heard of it in my place, (Avonmouth) the staff vending cards are quite difficult to come by, as far as I’m aware visiting drivers with staff cards pay the advertised price.

This seems very unfair when you consider the large number of agency staff employed who pay the same as full timers.

I once worked in a Tesco store and contractors/visitors paid double the subsidised price Tesco staff paid. Fair enough I thought, it was still pretty cheap. Things may well have changed, but my impression is that the ‘rule’ about not being able to serve contractors is a load of bull, well worth challenging.

■■■■ it. sure we may has well bent over and let them ■■■■ us

Good old Tesco !!!

Make sure you’ve not bought your packed lunch at a Tesco store. I started shopping in Lidl more and think of the Tesco motto …

‘Every Lidl helps !!!’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: