Oh the joy of TESCO's

I paid a visit to Tesco Goole last friday morning wihich was as expected, wonderfull.
parked in a bay and walked to goods in,
told which bay to use and return with keys,
all rarther pleasant and expected so far,
return with keys and things start to go downhill quickly as i take alarm from keys(so only i can get in or out, i dont trust any one)
which way is canteen mate?
oh er er mmm er you cant use it,
why?
er er mmm er stobart only, yes stobart only drivers.
why?
stobart only.
why? he’s starting to flap a bit now.
because er its er you have to go through warehouse.
why?
because thats how it is.
why?
you can use the vending machines behind you.
why? am i a second class citizen and not allowed proper food and have to live on that pooh, bet you wouldn’t want me to take a pooh in middle of yard like a lower class would you,and toddeled off to sit in cab and have another bowl of cereal. I hate Tesco with a passion.

Although it wasn’t said, might it have been because the canteen has a cash free system, like many other Tesco RDCs?

Regards,
Nick.

Yes it is a cash free system, how ever i could have got a card and put some credit on it as say asda on the dock at middlesborough.

robbo863:
Yes it is a cash free system, how ever i could have got a card and put some credit on it as say asda on the dock at middlesborough.

On some tesco Sites you can collect a Card at the Gate House,but you shall bring it back otherwise the next doesnt get one

ncooper:
Although it wasn’t said, might it have been because the canteen has a cash free system, like many other Tesco RDCs?

Regards,
Nick.

Correct ! … When I was employed by Tesco all RDC’s and stores used a voucher system for the canteens.
Allthough no company is allowed to stop you using the canteen if you are there for over an hour I believe. Once at Woolworths in Rochdale two of us at Fed Ex were kept there for 2 hours and they told us we couldnt use the canteen, the guy I was with called the police and said he had been detained against his will, the cops showed up and ordered Woolworths to let us eat in the canteen or refuse the loads and release us LOL.

Pat Hasler:

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

Correct ! … When I was employed by Tesco all RDC’s and stores used a voucher system for the canteens.
Allthough no company is allowed to stop you using the canteen if you are there for over an hour I believe. Once at Woolworths in Rochdale two of us at Fed Ex were kept there for 2 hours and they told us we couldnt use the canteen, the guy I was with called the police and said he had been detained against his will, the cops showed up and ordered Woolworths to let us eat in the canteen or refuse the loads and release us LOL.

Must be the same guy who had security arrested at an RDC for not letting him out because he hadn’t got his gate pass signed. :smiley: :unamused:

At our place we have to keep you prisoner for four hours before we allow you access to the canteen, however you are allowed to wait in the cab.

robbo863:
…and toddeled off to sit in cab and have another bowl of cereal. I hate Tesco with a passion.

I’m guessing it wasn’t Tesco own brand cereal? :wink:

i run trailors out of tescos rdc at livingston and you have a 4 day trek just for a ■■■…machines are all cards also

How about good in frozen section at Doncaster, total joke, a small table and four bone hard steel seats with a coffee machine which is foul, that’s your lot, seriously takes the peees, prisoners get better facilities ffs. Chilled section on the other hand I have heard is pretty decent ■■ Pah…

Pat Hasler:

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Isn’t there a requirement to pay subsistence if access to mess facillities is denyed?
Of course no one will be paying it, so I’d say everyone has a damned right to use whatever fixtures are on site!

They’ll be denying you the right to a ■■■■ in the “company bogs” next otherwise! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I only buckled under once around 1993 on a holiday agency run when I was told “go into town if you want something to eat”. I dropped the trailer on the only loading bay at this particular establishment, then drove the cab the 20 mins into town, got myself something to eat, then booked a full hours meal break in my cab to eat it. They were NOT happy when I got back about 2 hours later in all, and I got banned from site. Chickinshit outfit anyways… If they didn’t want me to take thepiss, then perhaps they shouldn’t have proferred it in the first place! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Phantom Mark:
How about good in frozen section at Doncaster, total joke, a small table and four bone hard steel seats with a coffee machine which is foul, that’s your lot, seriously takes the peees, prisoners get better facilities ffs. Chilled section on the other hand I have heard is pretty decent ■■ Pah…

The chill waiting room is merely a bit bigger and slightly softer seats.
It still has just the foul coffee machine.

Regards,
Nick

Phantom Mark:

send a Complain by txt to 80047 or 80074 dont know which is right.Goes straight to district Office.
Just say “Where” and “What” but stay Polite.They are not your enemy

scottishrob:
i run trailors out of tescos rdc at livingston and you have a 4 day trek just for a ■■■…machines are all cards also

Same at Tesco Goole to get to the canteen. Its like they deliberately worked out which was the farthest point from everywhere and put the canteen there.

Suggestion you can send to 61200 i think.
Give Depot,Name and suggestion.You could win a Prize if its good for Tsco

ncooper:

Phantom Mark:

The chill waiting room is merely a bit bigger and slightly softer seats.
It still has just the foul coffee machine.

Regards,
Nick

+1

Avonmouth and widnes are identical and huge you can crash out in there and have a nap. :smiley:

Even a cashless society like Tesco and Mars doesn’t stop you eating, you just ask the guy behind you to pay for it and give him the cash. I have done this for years, some welcome the extra money.

robbo, I like your location :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

Pat Hasler:

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Isn’t there a requirement to pay subsistence if access to mess facillities is denyed?
Of course no one will be paying it, so I’d say everyone has a damned right to use whatever fixtures are on site!

They’ll be denying you the right to a ■■■■ in the “company bogs” next otherwise! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I only buckled under once around 1993 on a holiday agency run when I was told “go into town if you want something to eat”. I dropped the trailer on the only loading bay at this particular establishment, then drove the cab the 20 mins into town, got myself something to eat, then booked a full hours meal break in my cab to eat it. They were NOT happy when I got back about 2 hours later in all, and I got banned from site. Chickinshit outfit anyways… If they didn’t want me to take thepiss, then perhaps they shouldn’t have proferred it in the first place! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Belter that.

I got to Asda Chepstow several months ago and got told to move here there and everywhere. Told 'em out of hours matey…sorry. In the end they were arguing amongst themselves about what they wanted me to do with the load. So I gave them my mobile and said ‘I’ll drop it in a holding bay. When you’ve decided what trailer you want pulling back phone this number’. Gave the ■■■■ my mob number and went and had a kip … and he lost my number… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ahh, RDC staff…two more brain cells each and they’d be on a par with a dyslexic squirrel… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

scottishrob:

christ your telling me, if i went for a ■■■…i had like 3 or 4 in like 15 mins so i didnt have to go back out later for one.

Well speaking of bloody Tescos, Im a long retired long distance haulage contractor, & my wife & I shop at our local Tescos, But latley its starting to ■■■■ me right off, It seems when we are doing our shopping we have to give way to Tescos staff that are filling trolleys with stuff for people that shop on line, Now ive nothing against that, but the people that are filling these trollies seem to need more space than I would have needed for a 45 ft trailor, I thought that when I retired & didnt have to deliver to such dead end supermarket depots, the hassle,s would have gone, how bloody wrong I was. Nowt changes does it. , but having said all this it appears to be the same wherever you go these days.

Coffeeholic:

robbo863:
…and toddeled off to sit in cab and have another bowl of cereal. I hate Tesco with a passion.

I’m guessing it wasn’t Tesco own brand cereal? :wink:

I must have a beer with you sometime :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: