tesco routine

Hi sorry if a silly question but how does tesco rdcs work. Ive never been to one before and have one tomorrow. Do they take keys, long wait etc. Any info would help guys

Oh they’ll be a wait alright!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.534159,-2.176954

take a book

I should think tomorrow they will be eager to finish thier shift, normally on christmas eve it’s job and knock, so maybe not such a long wait. Make sure you have your booking ref at the gate, and all the usual hi viz, boots etc. Park on bay, lock your cab, take the keys to the office, sit and drink coffee, watch TV or listen to the BS from other drivers.
Have a good day!!

nearly there:
Hi sorry if a silly question but how does tesco rdcs work. Ive never been to one before and have one tomorrow. Do they take keys, long wait etc. Any info would help guys

Pull up to the gate, press the intercom, give them your booking ref, how many pallets you have and how many to stop on (if any). They’ll give you a bay number or tell you to park. Once you’re on a bay take your keys in and wait.

Dont worry if you run out of time as from what I have heard they all seem to have resident plod and vosa who will make you park up (on a bay), chalk your tyres in place and make sure you are undisturbed by tesco staff. Some will even ensure you are provided with a hot meal by tesco. :wink:

nearly there:

went tesco in goole on wednesday morning, was in and out in an hour with 26 pallets. yeah they take your keys, bring something to read maybe

Which one have you got the pleasure of?

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.533913,-2.176674

Ive got tesco livingston tomorrow. Only did aldi or lidl self tip, cant :smiley: remember which. Thanks guys for the info

And you can’t use their canteen as its all done off an employees swipe card.

i absolutely hate tescos with a passion , i cannot stand the goody goody ■■■■■ they show on the tele adverts . what a total load of tripe … :imp:

what the public , IE CUSTOMERS dont see is the crap way they treat drivers , the very same drivers they depend on to stock the shelves … BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

stop talking about tescos will ya it sets me off on one and gives me wind … :imp: :imp:

bowser:
i absolutely hate tescos with a passion , i cannot stand the goody goody [zb] they show on the tele adverts . what a total load of tripe … :imp:

what the public , IE CUSTOMERS dont see is the crap way they treat drivers , the very same drivers they depend on to stock the shelves … BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

stop talking about tescos will ya it sets me off on one and gives me wind … :imp: :imp:

They treat me ok when I go to their rdc’s, no one is ever rude to me I don’t quite know what you’re on about.

bald bloke:

I assume you visit Avonmouth, talk nicely to the Security Guard at reception and he will sell you one for £2.

These work at other depots and in many of the newer stores.

bald bloke:

bowser:
i absolutely hate tescos with a passion , i cannot stand the goody goody [zb] they show on the tele adverts . what a total load of tripe … :imp:

They treat me ok when I go to their rdc’s, no one is ever rude to me I don’t quite know what you’re on about.

well you cant know what im on about because i didnt go into any detail , its not difficult is it . and i never mentioned rdc’s , did you ?

mike68:

bald bloke:

I assume you visit Avonmouth, talk nicely to the Security Guard at reception and he will sell you one for £2.

That’s handy to know.

nearly there:
Ive got tesco livingston tomorrow. Only did aldi or lidl self tip, cant :smiley: remember which. Thanks guys for the info

press the button at the gate, they will ask you if your ambient or chilled/frozen and supplier then they will ask for the number on your paperwork which starts with 501. you will then be given a bay number, go and reverse onto it then lock up and take your keys
into goods in, then sit and watch the telly, they will shout your bay number when your trailers empty.livingston rdc can be a long wait but might be job and finish tmoz so you might be lucky.

I went to Chesterfeild last night was 2 hrs early and was away within an hour,today at magor was a nightmare…

tesco livingston tomorrow

Been in there three times this week not been too bad in/out in 45 mins. A lot depends on what shift is on. You can get in 1/2 an hour before your booking time.

bald bloke:

mike68:

bald bloke:

That’s handy to know.

Get one,trust me the food is good and the price is even better… :wink:

weewulliewinkie:

nearly there:

press the button at the gate, they will ask you if your ambient or chilled/frozen and supplier then they will ask for the number on your paperwork which starts with 501. you will then be given a bay number, go and reverse onto it then lock up and take your keys
into goods in, then sit and watch the telly, they will shout your bay number when your trailers empty.livingston rdc can be a long wait but might be job and finish tmoz so you might be lucky.

Ive never been asked for that number? The booking reference is always 3 letters (relating to supplier) then 4 numbers followed by a letter i.e CMD1234D. CMD is culina market drayton.
Rarely have a problem at any of the chilled depots, always done in under 2 hours, usually about an hour to 90 mins.
You do not need a card to use the Snodland canteen, opens at 8am.