TOSCO RDC's

Don’t come into these places much, but in here with a container on a upto 3 hr tip, I’ve read on here that you have to sit in the waiting room whilst getting tipped, I haven’t seen any signs saying that and the goods inward staff didn’t say anything! Is it just an unwritten rule? And what is there justification for having such a rule?

I don’t do RDC’s (thankyou Lord), but if you have a spare key to unlock the doors, and recline back in the cab sans hivis, playing peekaboo like the tassled curtain boys do when driving, i doubt anyone would see you.
Whats they gonna do, sack you?

Juddian:
I don’t do RDC’s (thankyou Lord), but if you have a spare key to unlock the doors, and recline back in the cab sans hivis, playing peekaboo like the tassled curtain boys do when driving, i doubt anyone would see you.

I’ll just pretend to be asleep when the shunter drives past, can’t put the blinds down on the magnum with out the keys.

No one seems to check whenever I go to a Toscos just keep your head down, Sainsbury’s tend to randomly check the cabs are locked but again lock the door and keep low on the bed they’re be none the wiser. :wink:

Don’t answer the knock at the door! :wink:

How do you know when they’re done and you are allowed to leave?

And surely these little RDC sheds are a human rights violation…

J_K:
How do you know when they’re done and you are allowed to leave?

Once the light on the bay goes green you can climb out of your bed, amble to goods in and wait for your notes.

Tip; try not to look too happy or too refreshed when you go back for your notes, or they’ll rumble you haven’t been tortured by the plastic chair and tv on shopping channel!

Cool.

DrivingMissDaisy:
Don’t answer the knock at the door! :wink:

or to be really clever, shout “I cannot hear you I am in the waiting room”

Tesco rdcs are a shower of dogs toilets to be perfectly honest. Some are better than others (I.e wait 3 hours instead of 6) but avoid if at all possible…

Boycie2013:
Tesco rdcs are a shower of dogs toilets to be perfectly honest. Some are better than others (I.e wait 3 hours instead of 6) but avoid if at all possible…

Avonmouth ain’t too bad at least they got a load of chairs for all the drivers to crash out on whist QVC is blaring away full blast.
I got to Southampton bang on time the other week at 06.30 and their first words on the intercom were “you won’t get done till the day shift start drive” and that was bloody 08.00 so what’s all that about there was only 4 wagons on the bays so hardly unindated were they. :unamused:

bald bloke:

Boycie2013:

Avonmouth ain’t too bad at least they got a load of chairs for all the drivers to crash out on whist QVC is blaring away full blast.
I got to Southampton bang on time the other week at 06.30 and their first words on the intercom were “you won’t get done till the day shift start drive” and that was bloody 08.00 so what’s all that about there was only 4 wagons on the bays so hardly unindated were they. :unamused:

some depots as you know do drop and drive so the bays can be full Inside waiting for the trolley dancers to catch up.

The new Co-op in Avonmouth have got it off to a fine art, very rare for you to be there an hour, I’ve even struggled to get a 15 minute break in before now.

Mate of mine is a shift supervisor for Co-op Avonmouth.
Nice to know he can do something right :laughing:

Wheres pimp daddy■■? having the night off

Boycie2013:

+1… I’m here pleb, can’t afford a night off:mrgreen:

weeto:

Juddian:

I’ll just pretend to be asleep when the shunter drives past, can’t put the blinds down on the magnum with out the keys.

At Didcot, they have some kind of yard marshal who only seems to walk around smoking ■■■■, and looking to see if anyone is sneakily staying in their cabs… I caught caught, and relegated to the cooler. Had to sit on another skeleton and everything…
Underpaid.jpg