Tescos Thurrock

Hi, it’s been awhile since the firm I’m with has done any RDC work so a bitty rusty in the proceeders, so any help on a heads up before I get there would be of great help ie do I have to hand keys in n wait in a cold hole, or do/can I stay in cab■■? Etc etc
it’s usually fridge work with fish I do but things have been a wee bit quite that side at the mo and recently we’ve been pulling curtain siders for a local company to rdc’s all over uk and this will be my first visit to a rdc in over 5yrs(not looking forward to it as still remember the nightmare tips in safeways aka morrisons bellshill) just hopeing things have improved in the past 5yrs

mr2lad:
Hi, it’s been awhile since the firm I’m with has done any RDC work so a bitty rusty in the proceeders, so any help on a heads up before I get there would be of great help ie do I have to hand keys in n wait in a cold hole, or do/can I stay in cab■■? Etc etc
it’s usually fridge work with fish I do but things have been a wee bit quite that side at the mo and recently we’ve been pulling curtain siders for a local company to rdc’s all over uk and this will be my first visit to a rdc in over 5yrs(not looking forward to it as still remember the nightmare tips in safeways aka morrisons bellshill) just hopeing things have improved in the past 5yrs

Good luck mate, rather you than me. :smiley:

Hi.They changed a bit since you last went then.yeah still have to hand your keys in.Waiting area bit more comfy than it used to be.Not allowed to sit in your cab.Think they done away with the security hut to.think you pull up to the barrier now and speak into the intercom and give em your booking time and ref number.They will instruct you where to go then.Hope this helps. :smiley: :smiley:

At Thurrock? last time I was there you had to hand in your keys and come out of the cab, and wait in an uncomfortable ‘waiting room’. However, you can use the canteen if it’s open :wink:

wibble:

mr2lad:

Good luck mate, rather you than me. :smiley:

oh thanks buddy really gives me a boost of confidence lol :wink:

Tip there fairly regularly.

No security any more, just an intercom, pull up at the barrier and give them your 400 number (the number on your paperwork that begins with 400, 400355433 for example).

They will let you in and give you a bay immediately by intercom. Park on it then walk back to the goods in office (you may need to do this bit by taxi if you are on bays 30+ :wink: )

Hand in your keys and docs then wait around til you are tipped or go to the canteen, out of the door, turn left, through the double doors 50 feet on your left, up the stairs then along the corridor on the left. There’s a shower there too if you want.

In fairness, it’s usually a quick tip these days, on ambient at least. It’s unusual to be there much more than an hour.

When you get your paperwork back, the goods in clerk will have written a six digit number on it, e.g. 454-712. This is the exit code.

Don’t go to early I think if your more than half an hour before your booking time they turn you away to come back at said time. Our notes say don’t arrive more than 25 mins before booking time.

Cheers for the info, my booking in time is 12:00 Mon, when I put sat nav on wen I left yard I had 611mls to Thurrock so I winna be getting there tonite then :smiley:
thanks again

OK, here’s how to find it- you cannot see it from the motorway.

Come off at the last exit before the Dartford Bridge (Junction 30), go over the first roundabout, go round the second roundabout and come off at the exit after the slip road that would put you back on course for the bridge, it’s the A1090, then go left at the next roundabout.

Follow this road to the end, then go through the tunnel on your right, it’s just past that.