Tesco Livingston

What’s the rules there and what are they like?

Same as any Tesco really Mickey, turn up outside the gate, press the buzzer, tell the robot your reference number, you’ll be allocated a bay, back on doors open and walk with keys and notes (or lines in Scotland :smiley: ), sit in the hospitality suite until called when empty.

That’s how it works for frozen, it might be different for chill, but the robot on the intercom will explain. Oh, I’ve always found them friendly and polite. Makes me suspicious tbh. :smiley:

P.s. If you are on frozen just be aware that the frozen bays are that far away from goods in they’re technically in Edinburgh!

Yes I have 1 pallet of frozen as well :smiley: :angry: I am a driver I don’t walk! :wink: :smiley:

Do they take ages?

You’re allowed to be 30 minutes early or 30 minutes late. They give you a bay number over the intercom back on then take your keys and notes in. When you’re tipped You get a code written at the top of your lines to get out the yard and the code expires every 15 minutes. You need to sit in the waiting room which to be fair is spacious and you have a working tv., toilets and a couple of vending machines. There is a women that comes round at certain times in the day with warm food.

Can be an hour or can be 3hours it’s your luck on the day really…

I hope my day runs nicely then got a few drops in Newcastle first and my first one I can be sitting there for 2 hours. Don’t want the pallet to be rejected if I am late.

the maoster:
P.s. If you are on frozen just be aware that the frozen bays are that far away from goods in they’re technically in Edinburgh!

LMFAO :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:
Do they take ages?

I’ve always been in and out in around an hour and that’s with 26 pallets, and my company is a world leader in getting us there hours after our booking time!

Might be a bit longer for you with a split load though.

I was there last week and told to come back at my booking time as I was two hours early.
As I had display cabinets and food on I had to go on two different bays and was allocated a bay with a trailer already on.
Once on a bay I was probably on for half an hour each
The staff were friendly and you did not have to shout through a hole in the window about five foot off the ground like some distribution places up in Scotland.
There was even a bloke came into the waiting room with a trolley with bacon sarnies!

nab:
I was there last week and told to come back at my booking time as I was two hours early.
As I had display cabinets and food on I had to go on two different bays and was allocated a bay with a trailer already on.
Once on a bay I was probably on for half an hour each
The staff were friendly and you did not have to shout through a hole in the window about five foot off the ground like some distribution places up in Scotland.
There was even a bloke came into the waiting room with a trolley with bacon sarnies!

I was there for 30mins on a bay. lady came up with fish and chips. straight in there. Staff were nice. not bad for turning up there for the first time.

Have been there for 30 mins and been there hours… Was 4hours late (not my fault) yesterday and they let me in no problem.

I much prefer picking up a decker from the other side (goods out) though, at least I can stay in the truck until it’s ready.

There was talk of them starting a park and ride service lol

We might be going there soon. Seemingly we will run to cairnryan, pick up an empty decker then head to Carlisle to pick up a load and deliver it to an RDC on the way back. In 13 hours■■?

G6Bob:

the maoster:

LMFAO :smiley: :smiley:

I think the frozen decker bay has to be the longest walk of the lot, your best calling a taxi!

scanny77:
We might be going there soon. Seemingly we will run to cairnryan, pick up an empty decker then head to Carlisle to pick up a load and deliver it to an RDC on the way back. In 13 hours■■?

At a guess id said drive time would be about 8ish hrs, but it depends on load time at Carlisle and tip time at tesco. Could be a hella a long day :open_mouth:

I was in tesco livi the other day, 2 hours for 26 pallets. Bay 35 so i had about a 50 bay walk :laughing: But those two hours where hard going, i sat next to the wrong person :frowning:

Smelliest bastart on planet earth and just talked one lot of pish, came away with my head splitting.

that place was like a race track at night for the shunters…LOL :smiley:

merc0447:

scanny77:

At a guess id said drive time would be about 8ish hrs, but it depends on load time at Carlisle and tip time at tesco. Could be a hella a long day :open_mouth:

we could be wrong. Its all been worked out by the people upstairs and they are NEVER wrong

did you detect the hint of sarcasm there? :laughing: