Tesco/ asda work

How Do?
does anyone know how to get into these places full time? currently in Tesco a lot in Livingston, which ain’t bad as RDC’s go and wouldn’t mind full time.

Ta

they usually take folk on from agency work tbh or by friends of people who work there.

i work now and again at tesco in livi aswell

who you in there with?

N.A.S. pretty good blokes though Ive had sod all in a week. Tried Monarch but I wouldn’t sell them my soul, their guys seem to get a bum deal.

im with nas aswell, not had anything all month but ive been on holiday, been with them for about a year and a half now though. always been good to me especially at xmas time.

though your only way in usually is agency

scanny77 is also an x nas man and tesco guy

wynntownmarshal:
How Do?
does anyone know how to get into these places full time? currently in Tesco a lot in Livingston, which ain’t bad as RDC’s go and wouldn’t mind full time.

Ta

At the moment you have no chance, but the usual route is with the agency first and maybe a start. I know of drivers who have been on the agency for four years and no sign of a full time job. The big supermarkets prefer to employ large numbers of agency drivers as there are more bums than seats at the moment. The use of agency staff to make up a large part of the workforce on a long term basis is just plain wrong.

gogzy:
im with nas aswell, not had anything all month but ive been on holiday, been with them for about a year and a half now though. always been good to me especially at xmas time.

though your only way in usually is agency

scanny77 is also an x nas man and tesco guy

was on Nas the other day there reregistering for some work. … only looking for a day or two a week but the guys in there say things have slowed right down now the xmas rush is over … they said the tesco work is on a real go slow now…so aint holding out for any work soon as i know there is more deserving guys out there who are looking for a full weeks work …

As been said … best road in would be through Monarch… :imp:
as it go’s tesco is a very easy job… the Rdc is less than 10 mins walking from my house …which is very handy… :wink:

cheers for the heids up all. Can’t say I’d even consider Monarch. Had an interview with them before and suffice it to say, we understood each other! Haven’t heard anything good about them yet - still I hear McDonalds are recruiting another 5000 staff. Every silver lining…

See y’all at the broo machine sometime! (jist milk mind). :wink:

nae chance of seein me at the broo machine, i dinnie drink coffee or tea lol

what Agency is the main Vendor for Asda …Falkirk./ Grangemouth ■■ Anybody on in there then… ■■ And wots that like …■■.. wonder if its anything like there Goods In at Grangemouth… :imp:

wynntownmarshal:
How Do?

Ta

Whatever you do don’t ask them when you next go in. They might tell ya !!

man-tga:
what Agency is the main Vendor for Asda …Falkirk./ Grangemouth ■■ Anybody on in there then… ■■ And wots that like …■■.. wonder if its anything like there Goods In at Grangemouth… :imp:

When I had my frank exchange with Monarch, sorry interview, they mentioned they done asda too. Spoke to driverhire a few days ago and they put drivers in too.

man-tga:

I work at Falkirk,not agency though. The job is really easy,decent motors and most of the managers are easy to get on with!

If you need any more info,give us a shout!! :wink:

Monarch advertising fulltime jobs in Tesco on Jobcentre that dont exsist again. Fuds. Foxtrot Unifom Charlie Kilo’s me right off that.

don’t stobarts have the transport contract for tesco livingston, you could try them… :slight_smile:

storbarts work out of livingston but they dont have the contract for it, the stobart drivers have a rough deal though working there

i enquired about getting a start for eddie outa Livingston before but was told they werent taking on …

Gogzy … what kinda deal is it …would be interested to know if possable…

well for one they get pai dless, get the worst work always seem to be sitting around for ages waiting for runs even longer than the agency guys

Graham_S:
don’t stobarts have the transport contract for tesco livingston, you could try them… :slight_smile:

funnily enough I done their online application last week. Not overly hopeful though…

gogzy:
well for one they get pai dless, get the worst work always seem to be sitting around for ages waiting for runs even longer than the agency guys

So do they actually have guys that are based there now then…

as far as im aware they do, but they are trampers.

did you pass the back of tesco yesterday about half 1ish?, i saw an 04 avensis pass me was gonna flash but didnt know if it was you?