Tesco/ asda work

Aye it would have been … lol…

joemaxi:

man-tga:
what Agency is the main Vendor for Asda …Falkirk./ Grangemouth ■■ Anybody on in there then… ■■ And wots that like …■■.. wonder if its anything like there Goods In at Grangemouth… :imp:

I work at Falkirk,not agency though. The job is really easy,decent motors and most of the managers are easy to get on with!

If you need any more info,give us a shout!! :wink:

decent motors? i thought they still ran scanias :smiling_imp:

i can see the back of the falkirk depot from my new home but i wouldnt work there. are they still paying something like £6 per hour for the first few months?

monarch are the main agency for tesco and NAS only get the extra shifts that cant be covered BUT NAS pay more and are a guaranteed 8 hours pay whereas monarch only guarantee 6 hours pay. you never know what kind of shift you will get. over xmas i got a lot of 6 hour shifts during what should have been a busy period. on saturday i got a 12 hour shift but that was my first in 3 weeks and most tesco shifts for NAS are over the weekends and start when most people are just leaving the pub.
if you get really desperate there is a driver hire office next to the big roundabout at j6 on the M9. if you head towards falkirk from the roundabout take the first slip and double back along the fence line. i lasted a month with them 4 year ago before i found NAS

tesco tend to do a recruitment drive every so often. i havent seen an advert outside the depot but the drivers room will have one up when they are taking drivers on. i think they pay £10.91 per hour basic. they are obviously trying to recruit their regular agency drivers but a lot of them wont go full time

I used to be a shunter at the old tesco depots at Deansway and Capputhall Rd .
the policy used to be they wouldnt take agency drivers on full time . something to do with tesco paying the agency compo for losing a driver.
i have been away for over 6 years , so not sure what the policy is now .
as far as im aware once that new depot is 5 years old stobart will be getting the transport full stop .
they done the same with middlewich and thats a mess now. so bare that in mind !

It’s grangemouth that pay a reduced rate at the start of your employment-not falkirk. When you start here you are on the full rate from the start.

i dont really know the falkirk depot. it was always grangemouth that i collected a load from with tradimar. it was chatting to the shunters that brought this up

As there are now a lot of ex warehousemen ,(yes theve still got shiny boots) that the rdcs put through their test. and are now drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i just luv listening to there distance storys :laughing:
grangemouth to aberdeen distance ?
il take my chances on haulage
factory drivers crack me up .
SORRY WHEEL ATTENDANTS CRACK ME UP

scania245:
As there are now a lot of ex warehousemen ,(yes theve still got shiny boots) that the rdcs put through their test. and are now drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i just luv listening to there distance storys :laughing:
grangemouth to aberdeen distance ?
il take my chances on haulage
factory drivers crack me up .
SORRY WHEEL ATTENDANTS CRACK ME UP

lol those storys are funny, thats a local run near enough lol.
i had a proper local at tesco on monday, livingston to port glasgow.

Gogzy…Livingston to Port Glasgow…
i did that once and went to the store and said to the gate man… am nice and early mate…!! he looked at the notes and said well kind of…? but if you jump back in yer truck and get to the Greenock store you might make yer delivery on time … ■■ :blush: :blush:

Have you ever had a overnight double manned run like Livingston to Bathgate… ? :smiley:

i used to like gettin a Dingwall … away the whole day and some great scenery … :smiley:

man-tga:
Gogzy…Livingston to Port Glasgow…
i did that once and went to the store and said to the gate man… am nice and early mate…!! he looked at the notes and said well kind of…? but if you jump back in yer truck and get to the Greenock store you might make yer delivery on time … ■■ :blush: :blush:

Have you ever had a overnight double manned run like Livingston to Bathgate… ? :smiley:

i used to like gettin a Dingwall … away the whole day and some great scenery … :smiley:

HAHAHAHAHA yea the guys are port glasgow are alright. i was like 40 mins early that day, never batted an eyelid though.

ive been threatened with a overnight livingston to bathgate after spending 7 hours stuck in the waiting room lol. thankfully i never got it

furthest north ive been was forfar which is nothing.

best run i got though was a castle douglas/dumfries/lockerbie nice 11 shift lol