Tesco's (Livingston)

Hi, been reading this site for a while now it’s been very informative and enjoy reading most of the Threads.
Thought I would post this for a bit of advice, I’m currently working as a tipper driver (8 wheeler) and have been for the last year and a 1/2
I have my class one license and have driven the artics a few times but have been at my boss to get me on them full time due to the money on 8 wheelers being rubbish
And traveling over 50 miles a day to get to work and back. (tesco’s just along the road from me)
I have finally had enough and have been offered an interview at tesco’s in Livingston through an agency (they say it’s permanent but not sure there telling the truth on that)
Does anyone on here work for them, or know anyone that does, just really wanting to know if they are good to work for as am still very unsure about leaving my job, I also told tesco I have my license for over
A year but I think I will be a bit rusty on reversing onto bays but don’t really want to get the bullet after a gaffer sees me trying to reverse.
Any info on them would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Jay

Hoping to find out that one for myself since we are moving up there in a while, of course there are plenty other depots around Livingston & Bathgate as well. From what I remember Monarch advertised saying that they wanted at least one years experience with a year on artics - even if that is the case it can’t hurt to do the assessment/interview…

…but I think I will be a bit rusty on reversing onto bays but don’t really want to get the bullet after a gaffer sees me trying to reverse.

You should pick it back up anyway, and even the best drivers have their off days when they couldn’t back it onto anything - or so I am told !!

G

Edit: I can’t back onto anything on the best of days anyway, unless I am in a shunter then no probs… …

Welcome to Trucknet Jayw. I worked with them for a short time in 2004. the job was cushy enough, was never pushed and plenty of hours available if you wanted. the induction was a killer for me, a full week, mostly classroom. Dont know if that would apply to you being through the agency though. I left because I had a 60 mile round trip to Livingston, and got bored sitting at 40 mph on the A9. They were pretty strict on speed limits etc. I think there building a brand new depot in Livingston to replace the 2 already there, and moving the Dundee operation into it as well. Heard they were trying to change some conditions, but dont know what exactly. As for your reversing, dont be rushed by anyone. Take your time, get used to your angles and always take another cut if you feel you need to, and ask for help when unsure, weve all been there. Good luck!!!

Cheers guys :smiley:

Yeh the 50 odd mile round trip im doing the now for 8 wheeler money is no use for me now, and all the false promises of class one work at my own job even though they are starting artic drivers is becoming a joke so its time to move on to something else with better money and closer to home sounds a lot better.

Andy smg:
the job was cushy enough, was never pushed and plenty of hours available if you wanted. the induction was a killer for me, a full week, mostly classroom.

Not to keen on the sound of that though :frowning:

Just need to practice my reversing a bit then i should be ok.