Working for Tesco at Livingston RDC (for Monarch)

Posted this on the new and wannabes board by mistake and can’t seem to delete it, so here it is again:

Long time since I’ve been on here as I’ve been festering away at Saints Transport in Glasgow for the last 6 years. I’m now fed up with running about for charity after 6 years of pay freeze followed by a 5% CUT this year.

Today I’ve been offered agency work (Monarch) working for Tesco at Livingston RDC… It all sounded good at the interview, but anyone have any experiences (bad or good) that they would like to share? The money’s a lot better, the trucks too; and they seem to be a company that actually cares about their workers. My main worry is that they might just be getting drivers to sign up to help them with the Christmas rush, then when January comes the work might all dry up. Quick replies appreciated as I have to let them know by next Tuesday (30th November).
A big minus for me is that I live 65 miles away so it would be bed and breakfast accommodation while working.

Cheers for any advice…

Just remember, they are an AGENCY, there are a couple of guys on here who have been there, Gogzy and Scanny I think. If your planning on going into digs, it probably won’t be worth your while, IIRC they were only getting 6hr shifts? You might be better sticking out the job you have at the minute. Best of luck either way :wink:

if your going to be working for monarch your more likely to get the better shifts than me and scanny did when at nas, though when i was their i was getting good shifts averaged about 10 hours a day,

but really 65 miles each way isnt really worth it because no 2 days are the same in there, yes xmas is quite busy in thier especially towards the weekends so really working say tuesday to saturday would make it a bit more worthwhile, its quiet on a sunday and monday so no chance of long shifts really.

also early morning shifts are the better ones to get the money out, eg 4am starts and that way you get the metro stores in.

there also can be nights your sitting in transport for a whole shift which can be soul destroying.

the job itself its easy enough though and your pretty much left to your own device when your out of the yard.

alcraw62:
Long time since I’ve been on here as I’ve been festering away at Saints Transport in Glasgow for the last 6 years. I’m now fed up with running about for charity after 6 years of pay freeze followed by a 5% CUT this year.

Today I’ve been offered agency work (Monarch) working for Tesco at Livingston RDC… It all sounded good at the interview, but anyone have any experiences (bad or good) that they would like to share? The money’s a lot better, the trucks too; and they seem to be a company that actually cares about their workers. My main worry is that they might just be getting drivers to sign up to help them with the Christmas rush, then when January comes the work might all dry up. Quick replies appreciated as I have to let them know by next Tuesday (30th November).
A big minus for me is that I live 65 miles away so it would be bed and breakfast accommodation while working.

Sorry mate, but you’re off your head to leave a full time job for any agency work.

Come the start of 2011…Monarch will no longer require you.

alcraw62:
Posted this on the new and wannabes board by mistake and can’t seem to delete it, so here it is again:

Cheers for any advice…

:laughing:

Dude, forget tesco its to far for you, staying where you stay east kilbride is easyish commute with sainsburys and somerfield rdcs busy this time of year and easy to get into… If you wanna drive a bit further argos at eurocentral also plenty busy and nice wee number.

If you cant hack the agency A & D logistics at johnstone is always needing drivers. crap pay tho but long hours and easy work…

pavaroti:
Dude, forget tesco its to far for you, staying where you stay east kilbride is easyish commute with sainsburys and somerfield rdcs busy this time of year and easy to get into… If you wanna drive a bit further argos at eurocentral also plenty busy and nice wee number.

If you cant hack the agency A & D logistics at johnstone is always needing drivers. crap pay tho but long hours and easy work…

Thanks for all replies. Thing is, I wasn’t planning to commute. Had a woman through in West Calder when I first applied, but the wheels have come off that, so I was thinking about cheap B&B. Even East Kilbride’s a pain to get to from home (Largs). As for A&D logistics that sounds too much like coming out of the frying pan to jump into the fire!
So looks like I’m stuck at Saints for the time being. But I will not turn another wheel for the ■■■■■■■■■ if the latest rumour of another pay cut is true!!!